The Hanover Insurance Overview and Key Takeaways
The Hanover Insurance Group bundles many extras into its auto insurance policies. You can get coverage from independent agents in 27 states. You can also find business insurance.
- Fewer than expected number of complaints
- Many options for auto insurance
- Available in 27 states
The Hanover Insurance: Rating
The Hanover scores 4 out of 5 for ease of filing claims, customer complaints and satisfaction, price, discounts, and coverage options.
The Hanover Insurance: Services
Hanover auto insurance policies come with the expected coverage and the following extras if you opt for the Platinum Auto Essential package:
- Deductible waiver: If a crash involved more than one insured item, you’ll pay only one deductible
- Custom equipment: This coverage protects extra equipment like alloy wheels or stereo systems if they’re damaged in an accident
- Child seat replacement: Get up to $300 without a deductible to replace a car seat damaged in a crash
- OEM: Get replacement parts from your car’s manufacturer rather than cheaper aftermarket parts as long as your car is no more than 3 models old
- Mechanical parts replacement: Get new tires or a battery after an accident without worrying about wear-and-tear
- Key replacement: Get up to $250 if you lose your keys
- Upgraded rental car: Coverage extends to $3000 for car rental after an accident with no cap on the number of days
Higher level packages give you even more extras.
With the Platinum Auto Advantage package, for instance, you get these extras:
- New car replacement: If you total your new car and you’ve had it for less than a year and driven less than 15,000 miles, you’ll get a new car as a replacement
- Newer car replacement: If you total your car when it’s not brand new, get up to 20% more than the value of your totaled car
- Accident forgiveness: Your first crash in any 3-year period won’t cause your premiums to increase
- Deductible dividends: Your deductible will fall by $100 for each claim-free year of motoring
The Platinum Auto Elite package includes the following extras:
- Trip interruption: Get up to $1000 for food and accommodation if you have a crash more than 100 miles from home
- Rental car upgrade: Enjoy comprehensive coverage for any rental car you drive
- Air bag deployment: Get your airbag reinstalled if it is deployed
- Home care: Get up to $500 a month to a maximum of $2500 for home care services you might need after an accident
- Accidental death: Get up to $10,000 for each family member who dies in a crash
With the top of the range Prestige package, you get higher coverage amounts still.
The Hanover Insurance: Discounts
The Hanover offers the following discounts:
- Accident prevention course
- Anti-theft devices
- Insuring car and home
- Multiple cars
- Upfront payment
The Hanover Insurance: Complaints
The Hanover attracts fewer complaints than you would expect for a company of this size.
It would be a good idea to check their BBB Complaints and before doing business with any of these insurance companies.
The Hanover Insurance: What Else?
The website is packed with useful information about home insurance, auto insurance, and business insurance.
You can pay your premiums, locate a repair shop, and file a claim online. You won’t be able to get a quote or buy a policy on the website, though.
There are several mobile apps available.
The Hanover also offers the following types of insurance:
- Classic car
- Commercial auto
- Identity theft
- Manufactured home
- Motor home
The Hanover Insurance: Pros and Cons
- Low number of complaints
- Many coverage options
- Combination policies
- Not available in all states
- Doesn’t provide online quotes
Compare Hanover Insurance
The Hanover Insurance
The Hanover Insurance Review
The Hanover Group bundles many extras into its auto insurance policies. You can get coverage from independent agents in 27 states. You can also find business insurance. The Hanover attracts fewer complaints than you would expect for a company of this size.
User Review( votes)