The card_name is a new card from Marriott and American Express that offers the possibility to earn points and achieve elevated elite status. With complimentary Gold Elite status and 15 annual Elite Night Credits, you may be able to earn Platinum Elite status.
With a card_name, you can earn a free night’s stay each year, worth up to 50,000 points. However, you must spend $15,000 in a calendar year to qualify for this benefit. Additionally, there is a annual_fees annual fee – card_name. For some people, this card may not offer enough value to justify its costs.
This Marriott Bonvoy Bevy card review is going to take a closer look at whether this American Express card is a good fit for you. We’ll examine the details and see what benefits this card can offer.
- The annual fee is annual_fees. card_name.
- Rewards rate of 6X points on eligible purchases at the participating hotels of the Marriott Bonvoy program, 4X points at worldwide restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and U.S. supermarkets (up to $15,000 in combined purchases, then it’s 2X points), and 2X points for all other eligible purchases
Who Is The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express card made for?
This card makes sense for anyone who frequently stays at Marriott properties. You can earn Marriott points on your eligible stays which can help you save money on future trips. You can also earn a complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
Using a Marriott Bonvoy Bevy card can save you money on your hotel stay costs, as long as you charge at least $15,000 to it each calendar year. This allows you to qualify for their Free Night Award benefit.
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card Limitations
The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Amex card may not be the best option for many travelers. With an annual fee of annual_fees and a requirement to spend $15,000 in a year to earn a free night certificate, this card might not offer enough benefits to offset the costs.
Gold Elite status doesn’t offer much in the way of benefits. You don’t get complimentary breakfast or suite upgrades, and earning Marriott points isn’t important unless you’re a Marriott enthusiast.
Different American Express cards could make more sense depending on what you are wanting in a card. The Platinum Card® from American Express or the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card could be a choice for those who want a luxury card.
Note: There are a few differences between Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express and Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Credit Card. Firstly, Bevy is issued by Amex, and Bountiful by Chase. Secondly, Bountiful is a Visa card. Finally, Bonvoy Bountiful comes with a few more perks and benefits than Bevy.
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card Benefits
- Generous welcome offer: bonus_miles_full
- Marriott Rewards: 6X points on stays at participating hotels worldwide, 4X points on dining including takeout and delivery, and 2X points on purchases made at U.S. supermarkets.
- 1,000 points per stay: You can receive 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy points for every eligible stay you book directly with Marriott Bonvoy properties.
- Complimentary Gold Elite status: With Gold Elite status, you’ll earn 25% bonus points, late checkout, and get enhanced room upgrades.
- Elite Night Credits: You may earn 15 Elite Night Credits each year. These credits can be used towards achieving Platinum Elite status, which requires 50 qualifying nights in a year. Platinum Elite members could have benefits such as lounge access, complimentary breakfast, and room upgrades that can include suites.
- Free Night Award: You may be able to earn a Free Night Award worth up to 50,000 points after spending $15,000 in a calendar year.
- foreign_transaction_fee foreign transaction fees: When you travel abroad, you can still use your credit card with incurring foreign_transaction_fee foreign transaction fees. card_name.
- Purchase protection: This program offers coverage for eligible purchases against damage, loss, or theft, up to $10,000 per purchase and up to $50,000 per account.
- Extended warranty protection: Warranty extension protection can add an extra year of coverage to your existing manufacturer’s warranty.
- Car rental insurance: Receive up to $50,000 in coverage for damage or theft to your rental vehicle.
- Baggage insurance: Coverage limits are $1,250 per person for carry-on luggage and $500 per person for checked luggage.
- Trip delay insurance: You could be eligible to get up to $300 back for your trip delay.
- Terms apply.
Cons Of The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card
- annual_fees annual fee: Marriott’s annual fee of annual_fees is a bit pricey, and you might not get your money’s worth in benefits unless you frequently stay at Marriott hotels to rack up points. card_name.
- Free Night Award spending requirement: Many people find it difficult to spend $15,000 in a calendar year to earn a Free Night Award, making this benefit not very useful for potential cardholders.
- Gold Elite status isn’t great: Gold Elite status doesn’t offer much in terms of benefits. Hotel travelers usually want free breakfast or suite upgrades, but these are not typically available to Gold Elite members. However, Platinum Elite status does offer these benefits, which is a complimentary benefit of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card.
How To Earn And Redeem Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points
Potential Earnings In The First Two Years
Here you can see how your points can add up with the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card. These values were obtained by calculating a point valuation of 0.84 cents per point.
This is only an estimate of what you might spend. The actual amount will depend on your spending habits and which categories you spend money on.
Year one earnings: $1,619.84
Year two earnings: $569.84
Remember that you can make the most of this card by using its perks and benefits. This could include earning and redeeming the annual Free Night Award, taking advantage of Gold Elite status benefits, or using travel and purchase protections.
Best Ways To Earn
There are ways to earn points with the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Amex card, but using it frequently in high-earning bonus categories is one of the best. This card offers an earning rate of 6X points on hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
As a Marriott Bonvoy member with Gold Elite status, you’ll earn more points on your stays:
- As a member of the Bonvoy program, you can earn 10X points on qualifying purchases at any participating hotel, including stays at any of the Marriott locations.
- You will receive a 25% bonus on all the points you earn.
In other words, you can earn up to 18.5X points on your eligible Marriott stays.
There are many ways to earn rewards points, but some methods are better than others. Marriott points are not as valuable as other rewards currencies, so it’s best to focus on earning points through grocery stores and restaurants.
For instance, when you use the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, you can earn 6% cash back on U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year) and select U.S. streaming services.
How To Maximize Your Redemptions
Marriott Bonvoy points can be redeemed in a number of ways:
- Stays at Marriott properties
- Transfers to travel partners
- Travel portal redemptions
- Online shopping
- Charitable contributions
A way to use your Marriott points is to redeem them for stays at Marriott properties. This will give you value for your points. However, there are other redemption options available that may be a better fit for your needs depending on how many Marriott points you have and what your current needs are.
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card Transfer Partners
Marriott Bonvoy points can be transferred to travel partners, including airlines and the InterMiles rewards program:
|Aegean Airlines||Cathay Pacific||LATAM Airlines|
|Aer Lingus||Copa Airlines||Qantas|
|AeroMexico||Delta Airlines||Qatar Airways|
|Air Canada||Emirates||Saudia Airlines|
|Air France-KLM||Etihad||Singapore Airlines|
|Air New Zealand||Frontier||Southwest|
|Alaska Airlines||Hainan Airlines||TAP Air Portugal|
|American Airlines||Hawaiian Airlines||Thai Airways|
|Avianca||Japan Airlines||Virgin Atlantic|
|British Airways||Korean Air||Virgin Australia|
Marriott points can be transferred to different airline loyalty programs at a ratio of 3 to 1. This means that for every 3,000 Marriott points you have, you can get 1,000 points or miles in most cases.
There’s usually not much point in transferring Marriott points to travel partners, because the transfer ratio is so unbalanced. But sometimes you might need to top off your balance with another rewards program, so transferring points could make sense.
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card FAQs
Who Is The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Credit Card Designed For?
This card is right for Marriott enthusiasts who frequently stay at Marriott properties. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can earn 6X points on stays at participating hotels. When you add in your Gold Elite status, you can earn 10X points for a total of 18.5X points.
Can I Apply For The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Credit Card If I Already Have Other Marriott Cards?
You may still be able to qualify for the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy credit card even though you have other Marriott cards. However, you may not be eligible for its welcome bonus anymore 24 months after receiving a welcome bonus or upgrade offer on certain Marriott credit cards.
Do Marriott Bonvoy Points Expire If You Close Your Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card?
Your Marriott Bonvoy points will not expire or disappear when you close your credit card account. Your points are linked to your Marriott Bonvoy account, not your credit card account. Therefore, nothing should happen to your points when you close your credit card. However, please keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy points generally expire after 24 consecutive months without any qualifying activity.
How To Link My Marriott Account To My Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card?
There are a few different ways to link your Marriott account to your Marriott Bonvoy card. The most common way is to do it during the credit card application process. There will usually be a field where you can enter your Marriott Bonvoy account number before submitting the application. However, sometimes people forget to do this step or they realize that their Marriott account wasn’t linked to their credit card after they’ve already applied. If this happens to you, you can reach out to your card issuer and they will help add your account number.
How Many Credit Cards Does Marriott Bonvoy Offer?
There are six different credit cards that you can get through the partnership between American Express and Chase. These include:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Other Cards To Consider
There are plenty of other credit cards out there, so don’t feel like the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy is your only option. Do some research and compare different cards to find the one that best suits your needs.
card_name could be a choice for travelers who want to get more out of their points. With a annual_fees annual fee and a $50 hotel credit, you can get more flights and hotel stays for fewer points. Plus, your points are worth 25% more toward travel redemptions.
card_name could be another option. With a annual_fees annual fee, it’s one of the most expensive cards, but it comes with benefits. For starters, you’ll get a $300 annual travel credit and 10,000-anniversary miles (worth $100 toward travel). Plus, you can take advantage of up to $100 TSA PreCheck or Global Entry fee credit, Hertz President’s Circle elite status, and airport lounge access to Priority Pass, Capital One, and Plaza Premium lounges.
Check out the Best Credit Card Guide of August 2023!