A cashback credit card like the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard® focuses on being as easy to use as possible. It doesn’t have complicated reward categories to worry about, so you can earn 2% cash back on every purchase.
Credit cards of this type make sense if you would like straightforward cashback rewards and have a wide variety of expenses; however, if you would like higher reward rates in specific categories or if you would like additional benefits, you may want to consider a different type of card.
Check out our Synchrony Premier World Mastercard review to see if this card is right for you.
- Current Offer: Unlimited 2% cash back on every purchase
- Annual Fee: $0
- Rewards Rate: 2% cash back on every purchase
Who should get the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard®?
If you wish to have a single credit card for all types of purchases in your wallet, the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard is an excellent choice. A Synchrony Premier credit card offers an elevated rate of 2% cash back on all purchases, which is an above-average rewards rate compared to other credit cards.
You can also keep things simple by using the Synchrony Premier Mastercard for all your purchases instead of juggling multiple credit cards.
In contrast, this card does not offer a welcome bonus or an intro APR offer. In fact, the Synchrony Premier doesn’t offer many benefits, and the most glaring omission is the absence of a welcome offer and an intro APR on purchases or balance transfers.
Synchrony Premier World Mastercard® benefits and perks
- You will earn 2% cash back on every purchase, which is higher than the base rewards rate on many popular rewards credit cards.
- With this credit card, you won’t have to worry about annual fees.
- You might find value with Lyft and Hello Fresh credits, as well as DoorDash perks. Cardholders can earn up to $5 in Lyft credits per month, and get $5 off every month on DoorDash.
Drawbacks to the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard®
- With other cashback credit cards, you could earn more points, miles, or cash back sooner. But Synchrony Premier doesn’t have a welcome bonus, which might make other cards more valuable.
- Synchrony Premier does not offer an intro APR offer for purchases or balance transfers.
- 3% foreign transaction fees make this a less-than-ideal travel credit card if you’re traveling abroad.
Earning & redeeming cash back
Potential earnings in years one and two
Take a look at how you can earn cash back with the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard®.
Please note that this is an estimation. The actual value will depend on the amount you spend.
Earnings for the first year: $670
Earnings for the second year: $670
There is a combination of points earned via spending, as well as the sign-up bonus as well as the annual fee that contributes to these values.
It is important to keep in mind that you can get more value out of this card if you make use of its perks, such as those offered by Lyft, Hello Fresh, and DoorDash.
Best ways to earn
As long as you use your card as often as possible, you will maximize your earnings with the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard. There is no need to carry more than one card in your wallet for dining, groceries, travel, or any other qualifying purchase, as you earn the same 2% rate for all qualifying purchases. If you do not like sorting between multiple credit cards, this may simplify your life.
Maximizing your redemptions
Your cashback will be applied as a statement credit within two billing periods after you have made an eligible purchase with the Synchrony Premier World MasterCard.
You will receive $20 in cash back as a statement credit within two billing cycles if you make $1,000 in eligible purchases. It is not the most flexible rewards program, but it is a simple and effective way to redeem your rewards.
Synchrony Premier World Mastercard® FAQs
What credit score do you need for a Synchrony Premier World Mastercard?
To qualify for the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard, you typically need a credit score of 800 to 850, the highest score on the FICO scoring model. It is recommended that you consider some of the best credit cards for good credit if you do not qualify for this credit card.
What are the benefits of a World Mastercard?
The specific benefits of the World Mastercard credit card vary depending on the issuer, but may include:
- Protection against identity theft
- Protection for cell phones
- Credits for Lyft
- Benefits of DoorDash
- A complimentary membership to ShopRunner is available
- Concierge services are available through Mastercard Global Services
- You will have access to Mastercard Priceless experiences, including golf experiences and benefits
What is the interest rate for a Synchrony Premier World Mastercard?
On purchases or balance transfers, Synchrony Premier World Mastercard has an APR of 17.74%, 23.74%, or 30.74% (variable).
Other cards to consider
Here are a few recommendations when it comes to credit cards if you are not satisfied with the Synchrony Premier World Mastercard.
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card Rates and fees offer 2% cash rewards on purchases and no annual fee. A generous welcome bonus, an intro APR offer, and cell phone protection are also included with Wells Fargo Active Cash.
A $0 annual fee comes with Chase Freedom Unlimited®, which offers 5% cash back on travel purchases, 3% cash back on dining and drugstore purchases, and 1.5% cash back on all other purchases. If you spend a lot on dining and travel, this card might be better.