Hotel credit cards can save company owners a lot of money on travel expenses. Learn about the features, advantages, and disadvantages of the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card in this review to help you determine if it’s the correct card for you.
Is The World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card Right For You?
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card could be a suitable option for business travelers who frequently stay at Hyatt hotels. With this card, you can accrue points for the World of Hyatt loyalty program in addition to receiving several additional advantages that frequent Hyatt guests might find useful.
Ideal candidates should feel at ease paying the $199 annual fee required to enjoy the benefits. Nevertheless, the sign-up bonus, prospective statement credits, and qualifying night credits with qualified expenditure offer value that might justify the price.
Different credit card alternatives might be more appropriate for travelers who favor lodging from other brands and those who don’t travel frequently.
Benefits And Perks Of The World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card
- Using this credit card within the first three months of creating your account will give you the chance to earn 60,000 bonus points. If your company doesn’t generate many expenses that may be charged to a credit card, the reward may be difficult to achieve despite its financial incentive.
- You will be granted automatic Discoverist elite status as the primary cardholder. Additionally, you will get five upgrade awards that you may utilize to give employees Discoverist rank. Bottled water, preferred room upgrades (when available), premium internet, elite check-in, and late checkout are some of the perks that come with this category.
- The primary cardholder will receive five World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night Credits for every $10,000 spent on the card. With the help of these points, you can advance on the chart of elite membership levels and become eligible for the Hyatt Globalist status’s extra perks.
- Apply by 10/6/22 to be eligible for the card. Then, from 8/23/22 to 12/31/22, earn 2 Tier-Qualifying Night Credits for every night you stay at a Hyatt property.
- Businesses that spend $50,000 or more in a calendar year receive 10% back on redeemed points up to 200,000 World of Hyatt points for the rest of the year. This only applies to points redeemed for qualifying activities, but it can be a nice bonus for those who use their World of Hyatt points frequently.
- You can earn up to two $50 statement credits each anniversary year. You get one for every $50 you spend on your card at any Hyatt property. If you frequently spend at Hyatt hotels, this could be a way to maximize the value of your card.
- If you activate by December 31, 2024, you will receive a free 12-month DashPass subscription. DashPass benefits include free shipping on orders over $12.
- You have access to critical travel insurance, such as a rental car collision damage waiver, travel and emergency assistance, and trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- You also have the option of purchasing extended purchase and warranty protection. The warranty protection adds one year to eligible warranties of three years or less.
- This program offers discounts on standard room rates to small businesses.
World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card Drawbacks
- An annual fee of $199 is required. If you don’t use many of the card’s benefits, this fee can be quite high.
- You cannot use your Hyatt points for non-Hyatt-affiliated hotels, as you would expect from a branded credit card.
- Other credit cards offer a free night certificate when you renew your card and pay the annual fee after the first year. This card does not provide free night certificates for Hyatt hotels.
Redeeming Points And Earning Them
There are several ways to earn points with the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. What you’d expect from a branded credit card is the best option. At Hyatt hotels, you can earn 9X points (4X bonus points plus 5 base points as a World of Hyatt member).
Fitness club and gym memberships earn 2X points per dollar spent for non-Hyatt purchases.
The card even includes bonus categories based on your spending habits. Keeping your spending to a few categories can help you maximize your earnings on this card. You are eligible to earn 2X points for the top three spending categories each quarter (through 12/31/23, then the top two spending categories each quarter). Among the categories are:
- Airline tickets purchased through the airline
- Car rental agencies
- Local transit and commuting
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Social media and search engine advertising
Getting The Most Out Of Your Redemptions
In addition to hotel stays, World of Hyatt Business Credit Card allows you to redeem points for the following items:
- Dining and spa experiences at select locations.
- FIND experiences around the world, such as paragliding.
- Lindblad Expeditions.
- Boutique fitness classes and spa therapies at participating locations.
- Meetings and events.
- Avis rental cars.
However, purchasing free hotel stays can frequently result in a good redemption value. The maximizing value will be different for each individual. Getting the freest nights would maximize value for someone who doesn’t care where they stay. Look for off-peak hotel incentives at low-category hotels in this instance.
Others may seek to maximize their worth per redeemed point. These cardholders can compare the cost of booking a stay to the points required to claim a free night. The better the deal, the greater the price-per-point value. For these people, Hyatt’s all-inclusive properties, in particular, could be a good value.
A room at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, for example, costs $136 or 12,000 points, equating to $1.13 per point. A room at the all-inclusive Hyatt Zilara Cancun would cost $626 or 25,000 points, with a point value of $2.50.
Partners Of The World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card
You can transfer points to travel partners through the World of Hyatt rewards program. As of November 19, 2021, you can convert your points to miles at a rate of 1,250 points every 500 miles, with a minimum of 5,000 points per conversion request.
The following airlines are World of Hyatt partners:
- Air China
- Air France
- All Nippon Airways
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- British Airways
- Asia Miles — Cathay Pacific
- China Airlines
- China Eastern Airlines
- China Southern Airlines
- Delta Airlines®
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Airways
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- LAN Airlines S.A.
- Qantas Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Brunei Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Thai Airways
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic Airways
For every $1 spent on American Airlines flights, you can earn one World of Hyatt extra point. If you’re an elite member of World of Hyatt and American Airlines, you’ll earn 1 AAdvantage bonus mile for every $1 spent on qualified Hyatt stays and experiences.
World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card FAQs
For The World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card, What Credit Score Is Required?
To be approved for the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card, you must have a good to excellent credit score.
What Are The Benefits Of The World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card?
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card has the following advantages:
- A generous welcome offer
- Up to two $50 statement credits with qualifying Hyatt purchases
- Earning qualifying elite nights with qualifying spending
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status
- 10% redeemed points rebate with qualifying spending
Is Joining The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card Worth It?
If you stay at Hyatt hotels frequently and the perks of the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card outweigh the $199 annual fee, it could be one of the best credit cards for you and your business. Otherwise, you should consider other business travel credit cards that might be a better fit.
Other Cards To Consider
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is not suitable for everyone. If the card does not fit your requirements, you may wish to examine the following alternatives.
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card has a cheaper annual fee of $125 and comes with an annual free night on your cardmember anniversary. As with the World of Hyatt card, free nights can only be earned at Marriott-branded properties, and the card comes with complimentary Gold Elite status. Certain benefits necessitate enrollment.
American Express® Business Gold Card
The American Express® Business Gold Card has a higher annual cost of $295, but it offers flexible rewards that can be used outside of a single hotel chain. This card allows you to earn 4X Membership Rewards points on the first $150,000 spent in two specific areas each year (after that, 1X), as well as 1 point for every $1 spent on other eligible transactions. You also get access to useful features like trip delay insurance and luggage insurance. Certain benefits necessitate enrollment.