Leesa has been selling mattresses direct to consumers since 2014. Based in the US, the company is highly eco-conscious. Volunteering activities and tree planting ensure Leesa attracts green fans the world over thanks to the social impact of their programs. The company also donates mattresses to those in need.
How about their product line, then? Well, the company offers several mattresses, but today we’ll be focusing on the best-selling all-foam signature mattress.
Before we explore how this all-foam mattress is made and how it feels, who should buy the Leesa, and who should give it a wide berth?
4.0 out of 5.0 stars
Who Should Buy Leesa
- Anyone seeking a body-hugging mattress will be served well. The comfort layer is super-soft without resulting in over-sagging. This mattress is especially well-received by sleepers weighing 230 pounds or below
- If you or your partner are easily disturbed and prone to waking in the night, you’ll appreciate the superb motion isolation on the mattress. This means you’ll experience very little noise from the mattress even if you fidget frequently during the night
- Have you got chronic back pain? Millions of Americans suffer from this problem, so you’re not alone. With outstanding pressure-relief and the cradling effect of this mattress, you’re in safe hands
Who Should Avoid Leesa
- If you have an energetic sex life, you could find shifting positions is slightly tough on this mattress. For that purpose, you would be better placed with an innerspring or hybrid mattress
- Heavier side sleepers should avoid Leesa. Rated medium-firm, it will likely feel too soft if you weigh in at over 230 pounds. If you’re a side sleeper, you would encounter too much sagging with this mattress
So, assuming you don’t fall into either of the latter two categories, how is the Leesa mattress made and how does it feel against the skin?
- Comfort Layers
- Support Layers
The cover of the Leesa blends polyester with Lycra spandex. You get a soft and smooth surface with plenty of stretch and give. The added Lycra is heat-resistant and highly elastic. In combination, these materials in the cover are soft yet remarkably durable.
Leesa mattress has a pair of comfort layers. Above is 2” of high-density polyfoam with the second layer made from 2” of low-density memory foam.
With 6” of high-density polyfoam at the core of this mattress, you get a very solid foundation for those soft comfort layers.
The overall feel is balanced with spinal alignment encouraged.
Firmness and Feel
Leesa mattress has a medium firmness level. You’ll find your body closely cradled and this is a high-conforming mattress.
Side, stomach, and back sleepers should all find this mattress delivers a sound night’s sleep. The ideal weight range is from 130 pounds to 230 pounds. If you’re lighter than this and you’ll find Leesa too firm and unforgiving. Heavier users will experience too much sinkage.
Measuring 10” thick, Leesa is a standard height for a memory foam mattress.
The height allows ample space for the comfort layers without compromising support.
Much like any all-foam mattress, motion isolation is first-rate on Leesa. This is great news if you frequently wake in the night disturbed by your partner making noise. Rustling and fidgeting in bed shouldn’t generate any meaningful sound.
Lightweight sleepers will benefit from outstanding support with a balanced level of comfort. The only notable exception is lightweight side sleepers. Anyone under 130 pounds who sleeps on their side is likely to find this too firm. For anyone of average weight, the Leesa works well regardless of body type. You’ll get plenty of support and a cradling sensation from the all-foam extravaganza. Heavyweight stomach or side sleepers should avoid the Leesa. If you weigh over 230 pounds and sleep on your back, you might find this mattress makes a smooth fit.
The medium firmness and supportive feel means this mattress is best avoided if you want a bed you sink into. You’ll feel more like you’re sleeping on this mattress rather than wallowing in it.
In terms of pricing, the Leesa mattress is very competitive. Available in a full suite of sizes from twin to California King, you won’t need to dig too deep to unearth one of the most effective mattresses on the market. If you don’t like the sound of this model, take the time to examine the rest of the Leesa range. Chances are, you’ll find something you like.
Clearone Advantage, Credit Associates, Credit 9, Americor Funding, Tripoint Lending, Lendvia, Simple Path Financial, New Start Capital, Point Break Financial, Sagemore Financial, Money Ladder, Advantage Preferred Financial, LoanQuo, Apply.Credit9, Mobilend
The medium firmness and supportive feel mean this mattress is best avoided if you want a bed you sink into. You’ll feel more like you’re sleeping on this mattress rather than wallowing in it. In terms of pricing, the Leesa mattress is very competitive. Available in a full suite of sizes from twin to California King, you won’t need to dig too deep to unearth one of the most effective mattresses on the market. If you don’t like the sound of this model, take the time to examine the rest of the Leesa range. Chances are, you’ll find something you like.