Ad Disclosure: We receive referral fees from advertisers
WinkBeds is a US-based company selling mattresses directly to consumers from its New York headquarters.
Today, we’ll be looking at the flagship hybrid mattress giving you a mid-density polyfoam over a core of pocketed coils.
This is a high-profile mattress perfect for anyone who finds it hard getting in and out of bed.
With the WinkBed hybrid, you can choose from 4 firmness settings:
- Luxury firm
We’ll break down how these are rated on the firmness scale below.
Before we get into the construction and feel of this mattress, though, who should buy it, and who should avoid it? Also, you can compare mattresses like for example Saatva vs Winkbed mattress.
Who Should Buy The WinkBed
- Couples who previously used innerspring mattresses might find this hybrid makes a neat alternative. The latex gives the mattress a bouncy and responsive feel, but you’ll also get commendable motion isolation. If you tend to wake in the night when your partner fidgets, you’ll appreciate how quietly the WinkBed sleeps
- Do you suffer from back pain? If so, the lumbar pad has a pocketed coil core offering maximum support for your lower back
- If you have an active life in the bedroom, you’ll appreciate the substantial edge support which allows you to make use of more the bed’s surface
- For heavyweight sleepers over 300 pounds, the microcoils on the mattress deliver robust support making this a viable sleeping surface for larger sleepers
Who Should Avoid The WinkBed
- Lightweight side sleepers are the only group liable to run into problems with the WinkBeds mattress. Although support is more than fit for purpose, the firmer WinkBeds could cause pressure points in your hips or shoulders. Avoid this mattress if you weigh less than 130 pounds and sleep on your side
We’ll now highlight how the WinkBed mattress is made and how that translates to firmness and overall feel.
- Comfort Layers
- Support Layers
The highly breathable cover of this mattress is made from a stretchy fabric called TENCEL lyocell. This is a natural fabric sourced from eucalyptus-based products. Not only does this fabric feel soft against the skin, but it will also wick away moisture and draw away heat.
With the softer 3 mattresses, the comfort layer has a Euro pillow top. This comes in 2 parts. First, you get 1” of polyfoam along with 1.5” of gel polyfoam. Next comes 2.5” of pocketed coils. There’s also a lumbar pad woven in.
With the Plus model, there’s even more support for heavier sleepers. In place of the microcoils, this mattress has an additional 2.5” layer of latex. This is super-soft and provides valuable spinal support so heavyweight sleepers have the responsiveness they need for a sound night’s sleep.
This mattress has no transitional layer.
All variants of this mattress share a common support core. 858 pocketed coils are laid out across 5 zones. This allows you to benefit from solid support in the lumbar region while enjoying a softer feel around your shoulders and your feet.
2.5” of polyfoam shrouds this supportive core. This serves to increase both motion isolation and lifespan.
Reinforcements go all the way to the corners. Side sleepers and anyone who spends lots of time reading propped up on the side of the mattress are in luck.
How does the mattress feel, though, and what firmness settings can you choose from?
Firmness and Feel
The WinkBeds hybrid comes with a choice of firmness levels:
- Soft: This mattress is rated 4.5 (medium-soft) on the firmness scale
- Luxury Firm: At 6.5 on the firmness scale, this model is medium-firm
- Firmer: The Firmer model is a firm (7.5) mattress
- Plus: Specifically designed for sleepers over 300 pounds, the Plus is rated 8 on the firmness scale
All versions of the WinkBeds mattress are 14.5” thick.
This high-profile mattress is perfect if you find problems getting in or out of bed. Take full advantage of that added height.
WinkBeds hybrid mattress gives you enormous scope. You can start by selecting the appropriate firmness level from medium-soft through to a firm mattress rated 8.
Heavyweight sleepers are in luck, even those weighing over 300 pounds. The Plus gives you all the support you need where other mattresses might let you down.
The only people likely to be disappointed with the WinkBeds hybrid mattress are lightweight side sleepers.
Bookmark our site before you head off and let us know if you invest in the classic WinkBeds hybrid mattress. You’ll get great value for money from an industry star.
WinkBed hybrid mattress gives you enormous scope. You can start by selecting the appropriate firmness level from medium-soft through to a firm mattress rated 8. Heavyweight sleepers are in luck, even those weighing over 300 pounds. The Plus gives you all the support you need where other mattresses might let you down. The only people likely to be disappointed with the WinkBed hybrid mattress are lightweight side sleepers. Bookmark our site before you head off and let us know if you invest in the classic WinkBed hybrid mattress. You’ll get great value for money from an industry star.
User Review( votes)