Ad Disclosure: We receive referral fees from advertisers.
Teen Counseling is an online therapy platform designed specifically with teens aged 13-19 in mind. Teens can access the company’s discrete and professional platform via any internet-enabled device to connect with a fully licensed therapist who can help guide them through a unique set of challenges they are facing. The platform also offers services to parents and guardians looking for professional help in dealing with their teens.
Who is Teen Counseling Ideal For?
- Teens aged 13-19 who need help from a licensed therapist.
- Teens who prefer to have remote access to a therapist
- Target’s issues such as Anger, Grief, Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Stress, Bullying, Family Issues, and many more.
- Parents and Guardians looking for professional help for their teens.
Teen Counseling Pros & Cons
- A flat fee of $40-70/week covers unlimited counseling
- One fee covers a child and a parent
- The convenience of remote access to therapy via any internet-enabled device
- Sessions are kept private between counselors and teens.
- 24/7 text-messaging
- Includes Chats, Phone, and Video sessions
- Therapists are unable to prescribe medication
- Therapists cannot fulfill court orders for therapy
- Therapists do not reply immediately
Teen Counseling Fast Facts
- You can switch the therapist
- Online therapy may be especially effective for teens, who are used to communicating online more than in person
- Great way to have access to therapy in the comfort of your own home
- One fee covers both a teen and a parent
- You have 24/7 access
- You are matched with a licensed therapist who specializes in teens.
- If you are a parent or guardian, you discuss your child’s issues and situations with a therapist first and then approve of the therapist.
- The entire counseling session is completely confidential, however, the therapist will be able to alert parents if an intervention is required.
Teen Counseling specializes in dealing with teens and helping them not only deal with issues at hand, such as anger, grief, intimacy issues, peer pressure, bullying, eating disorders, sleeping disorders, substance abuse, addiction, self-esteem and confidence issues, anxiety, trauma, life transitions, parents divorce, social-behavioral challenges, and school issues but also help your child be more successful in developing coping skills and provide them with resources to help them when they need guidance and support, as well as a judgment-free environment where they can open up and share their true thoughts feelings and fears.
It’s fairly simple to get started with Teen Counseling online therapy The counseling “rooms” are only accessible by the teens, giving them a safe and private space to share their true feelings with their therapist. They are very similar to using Skype or Google Chat and are designed with privacy in mind. You can choose from a range of different communication methods including:
- Online chat using video on your mobile phone, tablet, laptop, or home computer.
- Speaking over the phone from a landline or mobile.
- Text messaging or instant messaging.
The platform is open 24/7 so teens are always able to send a message if and when they want to. Even if their counselor is not available at the time, it enables teens to reach out when they feel like they need to.
What’s Unique About Them?
One thing that makes Teen Counseling stand out from the crowd is the simple fact that the service is focused on helping teens, with an understanding of unique challenges young adults are facing and the challenges they may have in voicing their concerns and feelings to adults. The service requires parents or guardians to give consent for their teens to participate. Teen Counseling ensures the privacy of users and does not allow parents to be privy to any information discussed in the sessions unless there is a risk to life. Teen Counseling is part of a larger online therapy platform and our editor’s choice, Betterhelp.
Pricing & Fees
The cost of counseling through Teen Counseling ranges from $40 to $70 per week (billed monthly) and includes messaging, chats, phone, and video sessions. This one fee covers both a teen and a parent.
Confidentiality and Privacy
There are many steps that Teen Counseling has taken to make sure that privacy, safety, and confidentiality are strictly protected. They have a world-leading browsing encryption system (SSL) and on top of that messages between you and your counselor are further encrypted with bank-grade 256-bit encryption and servers are hosted in A Grade facilities. All communications are also protected by HIPAA regulations.
Counselor Qualifications & Areas of Expertise
All counselors available through Teen Counseling have a Master’s degree or a Doctoral Degree in their field and have been licensed by their state’s professional board after successfully completing the required education, exams, training, and supervised practice. The team of professionals are licensed, trained, and experienced as Psychologists (Ph.D./Psy.D), Professional Counselors (LPC), Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and/or Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
Teen Counseling Review
Teen Counseling is a great way to get cost-efficient, accessible therapy for teens and their parents or guardians. The online platform is especially beneficial for teens who are frequently much more comfortable with online communication than with the face-to-face traditional therapy, which helps them open up and share their thoughts, fears, and emotions with the confidence that their secrets are kept safe and they will find the judgment-free environment that will enable them to learn how to cope with any ongoing issues and create powerful tools for dealing with the outside world, including their family members, peers, schoolmates, and others.
However, something to keep in mind is that, due to the structure of this online counseling service, the counselors at Teen Counseling are unable to give an official diagnosis or prescribe medication, nor are they able to fulfill the requirement for therapy that has been ordered by the court or any other authority.
User Review( votes)