Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the companies featured here provide compensation to us. This is how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear below.
A rewards credit card with travel and cash-back options is the Wells Fargo Autograph Card. Additionally, it provides a generous sign up bonus, and you may earn bonus points in various categories like dining establishments, travel, gas stations, public transportation, well-known streaming services, and phone plans.
You can decide if the Wells Fargo Autograph credit card is appropriate for you by reading this review, which details the card’s benefits and drawbacks.
Who Should Apply For This Credit Card?
If you want a credit card with no annual fee that provides a generous welcome bonus and earning potential on everyday spending and purchases, the Wells Fargo Autograph Card could be an alternative. However, If you don’t have a decent or great credit score, it might not make sense.
After making purchases totaling $1,500 in the first three months from the account opening you can get 30,000 extra points with the welcome bonus (limited-time offer expires 1/10/2023). The rewards points rate provides information about regular earnings: Earn unlimited 3X points on dining out, online stores, excursions, gas stations, public transportation, well-known streaming services, and phone contracts. Earn 1X points on other purchases as well.
The Wells Fargo Autograph also offers intro APR offers on purchases, cell phone insurance, and Visa Signature premium collection of benefits to cardholders.
Pros And Cons
- After making purchases totaling $1,500 in the first three months from account opening, earn 30,000 bonus points (limited-time promotion expires 1/10/2023).
- Earn unlimited 3X points on dining out, excursions, gas stations, public transportation, transit popular streaming services, and phone contracts. Earn 1X points on other purchases as well.
- Use your points to purchase items, donate money to charities, pay with PayPal, redeem for travel, and more.
- Enjoy your advantages and points without the worry of annual fees.
- For 12 months from account opening, new cardholders receive a 0% introductory APR on purchases; after that, their variable APR ranges from 19.24%, 22.24% to 29.24%.
- The card also has a balance transfer fee to contend with: 3% intro for 120 days, then up to 5% (min $5) of the amount transferred.
- The Wells Fargo Autograph offers cell phone protection. When you use your eligible Wells Fargo card to pay your monthly cell phone bill, you’ll be given insurance against phone damage or theft up to $600 (less a $25 deductible) for each successful claim.
- The card has no foreign transaction fees.
- On qualified automobile rentals, get coverage for a covered accident or theft up to $50,000.
- Get access to a roadside assistance service that charges you per usage and provides services like fuel delivery, tire change, and towing.
- The Wells Fargo Autograph provides an introductory APR deal for purchases but not for qualifying balance transfers.
- Travel redemptions are available through the Wells Fargo Autograph, but points cannot be transferred to any travel partners. When comparing credit cards, you will find that many other travel-related cards provide this option for redeeming your points, miles, or benefits like Visa Signature Concierge.
- Redeeming cash rewards over the phone or online is only possible in increments of 2,500 points ($25). If your total number of points doesn’t exactly fit into increments of 2,500, this can be restrictive.
How To Earn Points
Using your card for purchases you’re already going to make is one method to use a rewards points program to get the most points possible. This may include regular expenses like petrol, eating out, and public transportation. These areas of spending are compatible with The Autograph.
For dining out, travel, petrol stations, public transportation, transit popular streaming services, and phone plans, the Wells Fargo Autograph gives 3X points. Additionally, you can get 1X points on other purchases.
It would probably be advantageous for you to use your card for those transactions because the bonus categories on this card are compatible with many regular costs. Remember that paying your cell phone bill with your card may earn additional points and provide cell phone protection.
For your reward points, the Wells Fargo Autograph offers the following redemption options:
- Account deposits or statement credits
- Mailed check
- Cash by withdrawal from a Wells Fargo ATM
- Gift cards
- Charitable donations
- Pay with Rewards at participating merchants, including PayPal Checkout
- Transfers to a Rewards Pool or another Wells Fargo Rewards account
With Wells Fargo Rewards Points, redemption values normally don’t change, so regardless of the choice you select, you’ll typically receive the same value for your points (1 cent for each point), including applying your points toward a purchase, gift cards, statement credit, travel, or donations to select charities or causes. Cash rewards or travel redemptions are frequently the most chosen alternatives for rewards cards. The ideal choice for you, though, will depend on your interests.
Wells Fargo Autograph Credit Card FAQs
Is there a Visa Signature card offered by Wells Fargo?
Yes, Wells Fargo offers a variety of Visa Signature cards with Visa Signature perks including Visa signature concierge services, entry to the Luxury Hotel Collection, and mobile phone insurance. Visa Signature cards from Wells Fargo include:
- Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
- Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card
Is There A Minimum Credit Score Required To Apply?
It’s probable that before you apply for the Wells Fargo Autograph Card, you should have a strong or exceptional credit score. This corresponds to a minimum FICO score of 670, while a score of 700 or above would probably boost your chances of getting approved. When evaluating your application, Wells Fargo may take into account additional creditworthiness characteristics in addition to your credit score, so having a certain score is never a guarantee of acceptance in and of itself.
Is There A Foreign Transaction Fee Associated With The Autograph Credit Card?
Foreign Currency Conversion Fees are not charged for transactions. Please refer to the Important Credit Terms for the most up-to-date rate and fee information.
How Do Statement Credits Work?
In addition to applying statement credit to your outstanding balance, you will still have to pay any outstanding balance. All bonus rewards redemptions will be deducted from your rewards account balance immediately and will be final. The statement credit will appear in your account within 5 to 7 business days.
Do The Rewards Expire?
The Autograph Credit Card rewards don’t expire as long as an account is open.
Does It Include Cell Phone Protection?
Cell Phone Protection is available with Wells Fargo’s Autograph Credit Card. If you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo credit card, you will receive up to $600 of protection.
Does It Have An Annual Fee?
No, the Wells Fargo Autograph Credit Card does not have an annual fee. You can always refer to the Credit Terms for details on annual fees, other fees, and current rate information.
Can I Earn Points On Travel Purchases?
You can earn 3X points on travel purchases including airline, hotel/motel, timeshare, vehicle/auto rental, cruise lines, travel agencies, and discount travel sites.