So, you’re in the market for a new diet plan.
If you’re one of those people with no time or inclination to cook or count nutritional content of your meals, going for a pre-planned diet regime can be enormously beneficial.
Pre-prepared diet plans can be pricey and some are faddish. Once you resume a normal diet, you tend to pile on the pounds.
Ideally, if you want to slim down, you need a diet plan that closely resembles a regular healthy eating plan rather than something depriving like a milkshake diet.
Losing weight hinges firmly on the nutrients in your body. The more nutrients and less toxins you put into your body, the less work your liver needs to do to metabolize them. It can then get to work metabolizing the good nutrients and transport them efficiently to your cells. These cells then shed fat through the processes of sweat and urine.
A healthy eating plan should leave you feeling satisfied with your meals so you don’t end up snacking. There should also be enough food to fill you up.
We’ve been trying many of the diet systems out there to see which are the best ones based on price, menus, results, and features. You can then easily compare these like-for-like.
There are many diet systems out there promising to help you lose weight fast and keep it off. Some are better than others, while some are a pure waste of money.
Today, we’re looking at Nutrisystem. We’ll kick off by exploring the core features.
5.0 out of 5.0 stars
The aim of Nutrisystem is to provide balanced, healthy and delicious meals for men, women, diabetics, and vegetarians, all conveniently pre-prepared and delivered to your door.
The Nutrisystem diet features meal plans with breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with a nutritious daily snack. Each meal is nutritionally balanced and cooked professionally.
You don’t have to worry about counting calories or macronutrients as this is all done for you.
Just do your best to eat only what Nutrisystem sends you and you should lose start losing weight in short order.
Nutrisystem offer the following four-week plans:
- Basic: 5 breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- Nutrisystem Your Way: Combine breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners according to your taste.
- Uniquely Yours: 5 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- Uniquely Yours Ultimate: 7 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
The Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Ultimate packages offer you the option to Tailor to Your Metabolism. When you place your order, you’ll be asked a series of questions relating to your body type and goals. The nutritional make-up of your order will be adjusted to speed up your metabolism.
Customers receive support from weight loss coaches, registered dieticians, and diabetes educators on a daily basis.
Nutrisystem assures you that you will lose weight using this system. Nutrisystem comes with a money-back guarantee.
How It Works
To use Nutrisystem, browse the meal plan options on the website. The most basic options don’t allow you to choose any meals.
Once you select the meal plan you desire, you can further tailor your order, or select the Chef’s choice menu.
The site also gives you the option to add shakes to your meal plan.
At checkout, your final bill includes 7 free protein shakes, the NuMi app to help with your weight loss goals, wellness coaching, and general support.
Your meals will be delivered in both fresh and frozen form.
The first week’s meal plan is designed to give your weight loss an initial push, so this is more restrictive. For the first week, only eat what comes with the meal plan.
Over the remaining weeks, incorporate two Flex meals that you either cook yourself or eat at a restaurant provided as long as they follow the guidelines.
The NuMi app gives you plenty of advice of what ingredients to go for or avoid when eating out.
Foods Included In The Plan
Nutrisystem’s meal plans include:
- Pre-prepared snacks: including some comfort food options like chocolate muffins, pizza, bars, and shakes
- Protein: Nutrisystem has a list of what they call power fuels. These include seafood, meat, plant-based foods, low-fat dairy, and nuts. Each portion-controlled serving provides 5g of lean protein and 80 to 120 calories
- Carbohydrates: Nutrisystem’s “smartcarbs” are carbs with a low glycemic index which includes wholegrains, legumes, beans, starchy veg, and fruit
- Vegetables: The company’s meal plan prescribes that you eat four portions of non-starchy veg a day. If you can’t, they urge you to call the help center
- Spices, Seasoning and Condiments: “Free condiments” are limited to 10 calories per serving so you can use them to add flavor to your meals. “Extras” like ketchup, mayonnaise or honey have more calories so should be used more sparingly
- Beverages: Alcohol is permitted on Nutrisystem plans, but only two servings a week. Black coffee, herbal tea, and unsweetened tea are all allowed
So far, so good. Now for the main event, though. How much does Nutrisystem cost and does it represent value for money?
There are four main pricing plans with Nutrisystem:
- Basic: $8.57 per day, $60 per week (free shipping)
- Nutrisystem Your Way: $6.79 per day, $47.50 per week (free shipping)
- Uniquely Yours: $10.36 per day, $72.50 per week (free shipping)
- Uniquely Yours Ultimate: $12.50 per day, $87.50 per week (free shipping)
If that sits with your budget, check out a capsule summary of the primary benefits and drawbacks of the Nutrisystem diet plan.
- Money-back guarantee (within 14 days)
- Meal plans for men, women, diabetics, and vegetarians
- Clear website that’s easy to navigate
- Clear pricing structure
- Counseling support from trained and certified staff
- High quality customer service
- You have to prepare some meals yourself
- Some issues with delivery of melted frozen food and chocolate
Overall Nutrisystem is a solid way to start a well-balanced weight loss diet plan. It’s competitively priced, certainly considering the cost of ingredients when you’re cooking from home.
The meals are cooked professionally with careful care and consideration given to nutritional content.
Some of the meals are frozen, some are non-frozen. Understandably, there may be delivery issues outside the company’s control, so you could end up with thawed or melted food. The company is committed to customer service, though, and they’ll do their utmost to make it up to any unsatisfied customers.
Overall, this is a solid diet plan that’s transparent, relatively affordable, and backed by a money-back promise.
Compare Nutrisystem to the Best Weight Loss PlansClearone Advantage, Credit Associates, Credit 9, Americor Funding, Tripoint Lending, Lendvia, Simple Path Financial, New Start Capital, Point Break Financial, Sagemore Financial, Money Ladder, Advantage Preferred Financial, LoanQuo, Apply.Credit9, Mobilend
Overall Nutrisystem is a solid way to start a well-balanced weight loss diet plan. It’s competitively priced, certainly considering the cost of ingredients when you’re cooking from home. The meals are cooked professionally with careful care and consideration given to nutritional content. Some of the meals are frozen, some are non-frozen. Understandably, there may be delivery issues outside the company’s control, so you could end up with thawed or melted food. The company is committed to customer service, though, and they’ll do their utmost to make it up to any unsatisfied customers. Overall, this is a solid diet plan that’s transparent, relatively affordable, and backed by a money-back promise.
User Review( votes)