Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the companies featured here provide compensation to us. This is how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear below.
The U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card can help you earn rewards points that can be used for travel and other expenses. It is a great choice for those seeking a competitively priced credit card with a large welcome bonus. However, it is important to note that this card does not come with several transfer partners, which may be a dealbreaker for some consumers.
If you are considering the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, we’ve gathered all the information you need to know about this credit card, including the pros and cons, to help you make a decision.
Who should get the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature?
U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card offers a competitive 5X rewards rate on hotels and car rentals booked through its Altitude Rewards Center and 4X on travel and gas/EV charging stations. Plus, it provides flexible redemption options, making it a great choice for those who want to make their money work hard for them.
Traveling can be stressful and complicated, but with U.S. Bank Altitude Connect, cardholders can get a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fees. This makes traveling a much smoother and faster process. Other travel rewards cards may offer more perks like travel insurance, priority boarding, and status upgrades. Still, this card provides a $30 annual statement credit as a perk for fans of streaming services.
The Altitude Connect Visa card is a great option for earning rewards without paying an annual fee. However, the annual fee for this card jumps to $95 in the second year. So, unless you plan to spend a lot on travel-related expenses, other reward cards are probably available that better align with your spending habits.
U.S. Bank Altitude Connect: The Pros
- As a cardholder, you earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 4 months.
- With this card, you can get up to $100 in statement credits for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fees every four years. That means you can save money on those pesky fees and enjoy a stress-free travel experience.
- You can earn a $30 statement credit on eligible streaming service purchases like Spotify, Hulu, Apple Music, and Netflix.
- With this U.S. Bank credit card, you can be reimbursed up to $600 for a stolen or damaged cell phone, provided you pay your monthly bill with the card. Cell phone protection is no longer common among credit cards, making this a valuable perk for cardholders.
- As a cardholder, you get the standard benefits and access to Visa Signature perks like identity theft protection and luxury hotel benefits. You’ll also be able to take advantage of 24/7 concierge services and merchant discounts through Visa Offers.
- This card is not paid during your first year of membership. However, an annual fee will be required to keep using this card after that initial year.
- Other flexible loyalty programs allow you to transfer your points to travel partners, but this is not an option with the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. While you can redeem your points for various purposes, getting the best value for your travels will require you to look into other credit cards.
- This U.S. Bank card does not come with a 0% introductory APR offer on new purchases or balance transfers.
This card comes with a great welcome offer of 50,000 points worth about $500 in redemptions through the Altitude Rewards Center. To earn this bonus, you’ll need to spend $2,000 in your first 4 months with this card. This is a fairly standard requirement and is a great way to quickly boost your rewards balance.
The U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature card is great for earning rewards on your everyday spending. You can earn points quickly and easily with competitive rates in several categories. Plus, the bonus categories cover a wide range of spending, so you’re sure to find ways to maximize your rewards.
Increase You Redemptions
The U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature card offers a great way to earn rewards points that can be redeemed for travel. To access the Rewards Center, log into your U.S. Bank online account. You can use your points to book flights, hotel accommodations, car rentals, cruises, and more.
There are many ways to redeem an Altitude card, including:
- Merchandise, including electronics and sporting goods
- Gift cards
- Statement credits
- U.S. Bank prepaid rewards cards
This card offers the rare opportunity to offset the cost of your annual fee.
Altitude Rewards offers many great redemption options, but one of the best is Real-Time Rewards. This program allows you to instantly redeem your points when you purchase almost anywhere. It’s a great way to get the most out of your Altitude Rewards points.
What is the best U.S. Bank Altitude credit card?
When it comes to finding a great U.S bank Altitude card, it all depends on your individual needs. There are three cards to choose from, each with unique benefits. Whether you’re after a card with no annual fee, one that earns you points on every purchase, or one with exclusive perks and rewards, we’ve got you covered.
With the Altitude Connect Visa Signature card, you can earn 50,000 bonus points after spending just $2,000 on purchases in your first four months. And with our Altitude Reserve card, you can earn an even bigger bonus of 50,000 points after spending $4,500 in your first 90 days.
With its higher annual fee of $400, Altitude Reserve cardholders enjoy more travel and other perks than those with Altitude Go and Altitude cards. In addition, Reserve cardholders get a 0% intro APR offer on purchases for 12 billing cycles and 0% on balance transfers for 12 billing cycles.
I have earned Altitude points with U.S. Bank, how can I redeem them?
To redeem your Altitude points, log in to your account on the Altitude Rewards Center. From there, you’ll have a wide variety of options, including booking travel (flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, etc.), redeeming for merchandise or gift cards, or even using your points towards statement credits or a prepaid rewards card from US Bank.
Altitude points from U.S. Bank are worth what?
You can redeem your Altitude points from US Bank at a rate of 1 cent per point.
U.S. Bank Altitude Connect credit card credit score requirements?
Regarding credit requirements, U.S. Bank Altitude Connect is like most other card issuers in that they don’t publish their specific requirements. However, you will likely need a good to excellent credit score to qualify for the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Visa Signature card.