Honest Tax is a tax relief business based in Woodland Hills, California. The company was established in 2005 and provides services for tax relief to people and corporations in 49 states (and Washington, DC).
Honest Tax Summary
- You can only be represented before the IRS by specified tax experts, including Enrolled Agents (federally approved tax practitioners who can represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the IRS), Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), and lawyers. To represent customers before the IRS, they need external services.
- They only take into account taxpayers with tax debts of at least $7,000, which is less than the minimum demanded by the majority of tax relief companies.
- This is the typical charge that clients will pay for services; however, fees will vary based on the difficulty of the case.
- Honest Tax charges a flat rate of $1,500 with subsequent increases.
- If you’re unhappy with Honest Tax’s services, they might give you a refund or close your account.
- Does not demand a retainer before beginning to handle your case.
- Also offers assistance with state tax debt.
Honest Tax Pros & Cons
- Only tax mediation firm that is a member of both the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) (NACBA)
- Does not charge a retainer.
- Below average minimum tax debt requirement.
- Offers flexible payments.
- Money back guarantee
- No CPAs on staff
Honest Tax FAQs
How much does Honest Tax charge for its tax relief services?
The magnitude and complexity of each case affect the fees. However, you should budget $1,500 for the first payment of their tax relief services. The company estimates that the typical consumer will pay fees of $2,100.
Does Honest Tax offer flexible payments?
Yes, they let you make flexible payments rather than paying all of your fees at once.
Does Honest Tax have a money-back guarantee?
They do provide a money-back guarantee. If you are unhappy with their services, you may be eligible to ask for a refund. For more information on the terms and conditions of the money-back offer, see their website.
Does Honest Tax charge a retainer?
They do not charge a retainer for their services. This indicates that you won’t have to pay anything in advance for them to begin working on your case.
What is the minimum tax debt Honest Tax will consider?
Only consumers having tax debts of at least $7,000 will be taken into account. Taxpayers who owe less than $7,000 in back taxes could find assistance through debt consolidation or credit counseling.
What kind of tax cases can Honest Tax handle?
Regarding a variety of tax-related issues, Honest Tax offers support to taxpayers. These consist of:
- Currently not Collectible Cases
- Installment Agreement Cases
- Asset Seizure / Tax Levy
- Bank Account Levy
- Can’t Afford To Pay Tax Debt
- Disagree With Amount Owed
- Offshore Banking Tax Penalty Relief
- Revenue Officer Calling
- Tax Lien
- Tax Audit
- Unfiled Return
- Wage Garnishment
What type of customers does Honest Tax consider?
They handle situations involving both personal and commercial tax relief. Some tax experts only focus on one or the other. The greatest candidates for their business tax resolution services are companies with annual revenues of at least $10,000 and no more than $1,000,000.
What type of Currently Not Collectible cases does Honest Tax consider?
The term “currently not collectible” (or CNC) refers to the IRS’s determination that you lack the assets and income necessary to pay back your tax debt. They will take into account cases that are currently uncollectible. Notice that they will take into account every CNC case, regardless of when it expires.
What type of Installment Agreement Cases does Honest Tax consider?
The tax relief company will take cases involving payment plans into consideration. They will also take into account circumstances involving an installment contract when the taxpayer is not even in delinquency.
Does Honest Tax have the staff to provide in-house services?
They do not employ tax attorneys, enrolled agents, or CPAs to deal with tax-related concerns. They require outside services to represent customers before the IRS.
Is Honest Tax a legit company?
Since its inception in 2005, Honest Tax has grown into a reputable organization with a staff of about 20 people and a 17-year history of operation. Sadly, there aren’t enough customer reviews to reliably rate their user experience and customer service.
If you have worked with honesttax.com in the past, please feel free to leave a short review in the comments below.
Thank you for reading. We hope this review was helpful!