Founded in 2015, Tax Debt Group offers tax relief services in all 50 states (and Washington, DC) to individuals and businesses.
Tax Debt Group is a service provider designed to help individuals manage their debt. They offer a wide range of services which can benefit those who are struggling financially, such as counseling, negotiation, filing an appeal, and creating a payment plan. One of their major selling points is the long track record of providing helpful customer support. Their programs are comprehensive and may be able to reduce interest rates or consolidate debts into one smaller payment plan. Tax Debt Group may be a viable option for those needing financial relief but it’s important to weigh all options before committing to any program.
Pros & Cons
- Minimum tax debt requirement below average.
- Average fees are low.
- Flexible payment options are available.
- Staffed by CPAs, enrolled agents, and tax lawyers.
- The company charges a retainer fee.
- There is no money back guarantee offered by this company.
The most important takeaways
- In addition to having tax attorneys and CPAs on staff, this company also employs enrolled agents to handle cases that are less complex.
- Most tax relief firms consider taxpayers with at least $3,500 in tax debt, which is less than the minimum requirement set by this company.
- Depending on the complexity of the case, this company may charge a fee as high as $1,500, but this is the average fee customers will pay.
- The fee for this company starts at $500 and ranges up to $10,000.
- A retainer fee is required to begin working on your case with Tax Debt Group Tax Relief.
- The company also offers assistance with state tax debt relief.
What are the fees for the tax relief services offered by Tax Debt Group?
You can expect to pay up to $10,000 for their services. According to them, the average customer will pay $1,500.
Is This Company able to offer flexible payment options?
This company offers flexible payment options so that you do not have to pay a lump sum up front.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee offered.
Is there a retainer charge?
The Tax Debt Group does charge a retainer.
Is there a minimum tax debt that They will consider?
They will only consider customers with at least $3,500 in tax debt. Those with tax debt less than $3,500 may benefit from a debt consolidation loan or credit counseling.
Tax Debt Group handles what types of tax cases?
This company assists taxpayers with a wide range of tax issues, including:
- Currently not Collectible Cases
- Cases involving installment agreements
- Seizure of assets / tax levy
- Levy on bank accounts
- Tax Debt You Can’t Pay
- Dispute over the amount owed
- Calling from a revenue officer
- Lien on taxes
- Tax Audit
- An unfiled tax return
- Wage Garnishment
Tax Debt Group considers what types of customers?
Unlike some tax professionals, Tax Debt Group specializes in both personal and business tax resolution. It is recommended for businesses with at least $30,000 in revenue to seek business tax resolution assistance.
How does Tax Debt Group handle Currently Not Collectible cases?
CNC means the IRS has determined that you do not have the assets or income to repay your tax debt. Tax Debt Group considers all CNC cases regardless of their expiration date.
How does Tax Debt Group handle Installment Agreement cases?
Despite the fact that there is no risk of default, Tax Debt Group will consider cases with installment agreements.
What in-house services do They offer?
- Certified Public Accountants
- The enrolled agents
- Tax Attorneys
- Participants in the Annual Filing Season Program