Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the companies featured here provide compensation to us. This is how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear below.
Pacific Service Credit Union is one of the largest and most financially-sound credit unions in the country. The credit union offers different types of personal loans to help with your financial needs. It advertises its services at pacificservices.org.
Pacific Services Credit Union Summary
There are many things to consider before taking out a loan, and finding the right lender is crucial. With so many options available, it can be not easy to know where to turn. Pacific Service Credit Union is one option that has been getting a lot of attention lately. But is this lender right for you? Here’s a closer look at what they have to offer so you can make an informed decision.
We decided to take a closer look at Pacific Service Credit Union’s website and terms and conditions. What we discovered was quite interesting. Here’s a summary of our findings.
- Personal Loans range between 7.49% to 18.99%.
- Loan terms range between 36 to 60 months.
- The annual Percentage Rate (APR) is subject to change.
- The interest rates, maximum term, and loan amount for a loan are based on the borrower’s credit qualifications.
What is Pacific Service Credit Union?
At 86 years old, the Pacific Service Credit Union is one of the longest-running businesses that offers personal loans for home equity, auto loans, mortgage loans, and more. Pacific Service Credit Union is headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, and provides services at multiple locations. You can reach the company by phone at (888) 858-6878 or by email at [email protected].
BBB has given the credit union a B- rating and has not accredited it. The business has 0 reviews but 2 complaints have been filed in the last 3 years.
How does Pacific Service Credit Union work?
Pacific Service Credit Union is one of the largest in the country, providing services to a wide range of people near and far. Their convenient ATM and branch network, along with their mobile app, gives their members easy access to their accounts nationwide.
You don’t need to pay any membership fees, just open an account to get started. Make sure you have the following information ready: your social security number or individual tax ID number, and a valid form of state identification (an ID card or driver’s license that hasn’t expired).
The credit union accepts most government-issued identification cards, driver’s licenses, and state-issued ID cards, as well as U.S. passports and military IDs on rare occasions.
How to qualify for Pacific Service Credit Union?
Membership from Pacific Service Credit Union is open to the following groups:
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, and attends school in Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Marin, Napa, Placer, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma counties (California).
- Immediate family members of a current Pacific Service CU member, including spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, nephews, nieces, and cousins.
- Household members of a current Pacific Service CU member, including roommates.
- Employees of a business, corporation, organization, association, or other legal entity currently located in the counties listed above.
- Employees of one of our business partners.
- Employees who work regularly for companies served by Pacific Service Credit Union including contractors or temporary employees who work on an assignment at a PG&E location, independent contractors on assignment for PG&E, and employees of vendors associated with Corestaff.
- Employees or employers of public or private energy-based entities located in California or Texas.
Pacific Service Credit Union BBB Reviews
While Pacific Service Credit Union has not been accredited by BBB, it has received a B- rating from the organization. In addition, there have been 0 reviews and 2 complaints filed against the business in the last 3 years.
Here are some reviews:
Initial Complaint 04/13/2022
Complaint Type: Problems with Product/ServiceStatus: UnansweredMore info
I’ve been making payments on my **** card For many months now however the balance has not changed. It looks like they are charging me a lot of interest as well as penalties and I don’t know what else when my understanding was my balance would be $15,049 I would begin starting fresh Without penalties are back interest making payments as of the date the loan modification agreement was signed.
I have contacted the credit Union in writing 5 times requesting to speak with ********to discuss this situation and I’ve continued to make payments so that I do not default on my **** card however ****** has not called me back. Can somebody please help me so that I can get some response from *********at the Credit Union and be able to remedy the situation I feel like I’m being ignored and I still have to make my payments even though I feel like I’m being taken advantage of and this is not my understanding of what the agreement was? Thank you very much any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Pacific Service Credit Union FAQs
How much does Pacific Service Credit Union charge?
At Pacific Service Credit Union, they offer personal loans with interest rates ranging from 7.49% to 18.99%. With terms of up to 60 months, you can choose a repayment plan that fits your needs. Their lowest rate quoted is 7.49% APR, but your rate may be higher based on your creditworthiness at the time of application.
For example, a loan with a monthly payment of $1,000 at 7.49% APR for 36 months would be $31.10.
Are there any pre-payment penalties?
Unfortunately, we were unable to find any information regarding fees on the Pacific Service Credit Union website.
How does Pacific Service Credit Union affect your credit?
As you begin the process of applying for a loan, it’s important to take a look at your credit score and see what interest rates and terms you may qualify for. Checking your credit score beforehand with a soft credit pull won’t affect your credit score at all.
Once you’re ready to proceed with the loan application, the lender will do a hard credit inquiry to get a full view of your credit history and offer you final rates. These hard inquiries are common whenever you apply for loans and will lower your credit score, so be aware of that when making your decision.
How to cancel Pacific Service Credit Union?
When considering a personal loan, it is crucial to be confident in your decision. Once the money has been deposited into your account, there is no way to cancel or revert the transaction. Thus, be certain you are content with your choice prior to moving forward. This will assist you in avoiding any cancellations or alterations down the road.
Are you finding it difficult to make ends meet? Here are some suggestions that might help you get back on track.
Money management can be difficult, but these three tips can help get your finances on track.
- First, it’s important to create and stick to a budget. This will help you stay mindful of your spending and make sure you’re using your money in the best way possible.
- Second, speaking with a financial advisor can give you insights into your unique situation and help you develop a plan that works for you.
- Finally, don’t worry too much about debt. Many companies are willing to work with customers to create a more manageable payment plan. So reach out to their customer service team for more information.
Is Pacific Service Credit Union legit or a scam?
Since 1930, the Pacific Service Credit Union has been serving the financial needs of its members with a wide range of products and services. However, the company has a B- rating with the BBB and is not accredited by them.
Loans can be extremely helpful when it comes to large purchases or consolidating debt, but it is imperative that you do your research before signing any paperwork. By comparing interest rates and customer reviews, you can ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. This will help you avoid taking out a loan that you cannot afford.
Do you know pacificservice.org? Leave your experience and review below!
Thank you for reading!