Credit cards for students are not always the best when it comes to rewards or benefits. This is mostly because they are created as beginner cards. However, some credit card companies, such as Capital One, have been making improvements by issuing cards that can help students build credit while also providing useful benefits.
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is a new credit card that has some great features. However, there are also some areas where it falls short. In our review, we’ll take a close look at both the good and the bad of the Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card.
Is The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card Right For Me?
As a college or university student, you may be eligible for a Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards card. This card is available to students who are 18 years of age or older and have a valid U.S. address. Even credit_score_needed credit, you may still be able to qualify for this card designed specifically for students.
The Journey Student Rewards card from Capital One is a great choice for students who want to start building their credit history while earning cashback rewards at the same time. With annual_fees annual fee and a flat earning rate on every purchase, it’s a simple way to start earning rewards. And with access to a higher credit limit after making your first 5 monthly payments on time, it’s easy to keep your account in good standing.
This card has annual_fees annual fee and foreign_transaction_fee foreign transaction fees, making it a great choice for students who want to avoid paying unnecessary fees. And for those who are planning to study abroad, having foreign_transaction_fee foreign transaction fees could be a real lifesaver.
Card Basic Info
|Card type||Cash Back/Student|
|Credit card issuer||Capital One|
|Credit card network||Mastercard|
|Early spend bonus||bonus_miles_full|
|Reward rate||Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day; 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats (through 11/14/2024); plus unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. *Terms Apply*|
|Recommended credit score||credit_score_needed|
|Foreign transaction fee||foreign_transaction_fee|
Benefits And Perks Of Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards
- Earning potential: With the Capital One Cash Back card, students can earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day. In addition, they’ll get 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats (through 11/14/2024). And for even more savings, they can get 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
- Credit requirement: There is no need to have excellent or good credit to be approved for this card. This card is designed for students and only requires a credit_score_needed credit history, making it easier for them to qualify.
- annual_fees annual fee: There’s annual_fees annual fee with the card_name.
- foreign_transaction_fee foreign transaction fees: Travelling or studying abroad can be expensive, but with this card, you’ll have foreign_transaction_fee foreign transaction fees.
- Extended warranty protection: This card entitles you to an extended warranty on any purchases you make.
- Travel accident insurance: This card provides coverage for losses that are incurred when using it to pay for your fare.
- Important alerts: Eno can keep you updated on potential mistakes, duplicate charges, or increases to your recurring bills with its handy alerts feature. CreditWise also has you covered by keeping tabs on your credit reports from TransUnion and Experian and letting you know of any changes.
- Capital One Entertainment: Receive special access to music, sporting, and dining events through the Capital One Entertainment portal. With your card, you can enjoy exclusive discounts and VIP treatment at some of the hottest events around town.
Drawbacks To This Card
- No intro APR offer: This credit card doesn’t offer any 0% introductory APR offers, which can be found on other cards for balance transfers or purchases.
Redeeming Cash Back And Earning It
How To Earn
The Capital One Quicksilver student rewards card offers a simple way to earn cash back on your everyday purchases. With unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, and 10% cash back on Uber & Uber Eats purchases through 11/14/2024, you can earn cash back on the things you’re already spending money on. Plus, there’s no need to keep track of different categories or enrollment periods – just use your card and get cash back.
The best way to get cash back from your Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards card is to use it for all of your everyday purchases, as well as any hotel or car rental bookings made through Capital One Travel. This way you’ll be sure to earn the most cash back possible.
There are many things you can do with a credit card that will help you save money every day. Some of these include using your card for groceries, filling up your car, eating out, and anything else you’re already spending money on. Additionally, you can use your credit card to pay bills or utilities without incurring fees. By doing this, you’ll be able to make the most of your credit card and save some money.
With credit card rewards, you can save money on your everyday purchases. Simply by changing your spending habits, you can take advantage of these rewards and enjoy greater savings.
|Every purchase, every day||1.5%|
|Hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel||Unlimited 5%|
|Purchases made through Uber & Uber Eat (through 11/14/2024)||10%|
How To Maximize Your Redemptions
With your card, you can earn 1.5% cash back on purchases. Once you have earned enough cash back, you can redeem your rewards in the way that best suits you.
With a Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards card, you can redeem your cash back in multiple ways, including:
- Statement credits
- Mailed checks
- Cover previous purchases
- Gift cards
- Cover PayPal purchases
- Shop with Points at Amazon.com
There is no public information available about how many rewards points you need to redeem for cash back with a credit card from Capital One. However, it is typically the best option to choose a redemption option with a cash component.
Other options to redeem your rewards points include gift cards or using them to cover online purchases. However, these may not provide the best value. The closest options to converting your rewards into actual cash are receiving a statement credit or a check in the mail.
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card FAQs
Can A 17-Year-Old Get A Capital One Credit Card?
Although Capital One credit cards typically require applicants to be 18 years or older, authorized users can be added to accounts by primary cardholders. This could include children as authorized users. Those with authorization can receive their credit card and share a line of credit with the primary cardholder. Therefore, for those too young to apply for a card or who may not yet qualify, talking to a trusted adult about the possibility of becoming an authorized user on their account may be worth considering.
Which Capital One Student Card Is The Best?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to finding the best Capital One student credit card. However, by evaluating your spending habits and financial goals, you can narrow down your options to find a card that best suits your needs. For example, students who want an unlimited cash-back rewards rate may wish to consider Capital One’s Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards card.
What Happens To My Capital One Student Credit Card After I Graduate?
Your Capital One student card will still be accessible and useful after graduation. The rewards and benefits associated with the card do not go away just because a student is no longer attending school. It is necessary to be a student to qualify for the card, but the card can continue to be utilized after graduation.
Other Cards To Consider
As a college student, you can build credit while earning cashback with a Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards card. This card offers a flat rate for cash back, making it a great option for students who want to earn rewards. However, there are other credit cards available that might be better suited for specific situations. For example, consider Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card or Chase Freedom® Student credit card.