It is simple to earn rewards on common business expenses with the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card, but you are required to pay an annual fee of $95 (waived for the first year).
Business owners can earn rewards with the U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card by automatically earning 2% back on the top two categories where they spend the most each month. There are many eligible categories, including wholesale clubs, gas stations, hotels, and more.
It does, however, charge an annual fee of $95 (waived for the first year) and offers a lower rewards rate than many other business credit cards.
Let’s dive into the details of our U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card review to determine whether this card is right for your small business.
Who should apply for the U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card?
When you don’t want to worry about using the right card for different categories of spending, the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card makes sense. By using the U.S. Federal Reserve Business Leverage, you will earn 2% back on the top two categories you spend most on each month.
As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can use your card to pay for all your everyday business expenses, and your top two categories where you spend the most money each month will automatically receive 2% back. Fortunately, there are nearly 50 eligible categories, including a wide range of common business expenses, such as office supply stores and utility companies.
You should keep in mind, however, that this card does not offer many additional benefits and comes at an annual fee of $95 (waived in the first year). The rewards rates on other business credit cards are better, the annual fees are lower, and there are more benefits.
- Card type: Travel/Cashback/Business
- Credit card issuer: U.S Bank
- Credit card network: Visa
- Annual fee: $95 (waived the first year)
- Intro bonus: Spend $7,500 on the account owner’s card within 120 days of opening your account and earn $750 in rewards
- Reward Rate: 5% cash back on prepaid hotels and car rentals booked directly in the Rewards Center; 2% cash back in the two categories where you spend the most each month; 1% cash back on everything else.
- Recommended credit score: Excellent, Good
- Foreign transaction fee: None
There Are Many Benefits And Perks Associated With The US Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
- Bonus offer: Spend $7,500 in eligible purchases on the account owner’s card within 120 days of opening your account to earn $750 in rewards.
- The simple earning rate: You will automatically receive 2% back on the top two categories where you spend the most each month. It is easy to increase your earning potential by taking advantage of this type of reward rate without having to worry about choosing different categories.
- Bonus categories: Almost 50 bonus categories are available for the top two categories where you spend the most each month automatically earning rate, including clothing and accessory stores, automobile rental and transportation providers, automotive dealers, computer stores, construction material supplies, drug stores, and pharmacies, among others.
- Employee cards for free: Free employee cards are available with the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature program. Adding authorized employees as cardholders does not incur an additional annual fee. Adding another account owner would only cost you another annual fee. Owners usually have more privileges.
- No foreign transaction fees: If you choose to use this card on your travels, you will not have to worry about foreign transaction fees at all.
- Benefits of Visa Signature: A Visa Signature credit card provides certain Visa Signature benefits, such as the U.S. Bank Business Leverage. Among these are travel accident insurance, purchase security, extended warranty protection, and more.
- ExtendPay by U.S. Bank: You can spread out payments for large purchases with the ExtendPay program offered by the Bank. It’s a fixed monthly fee, but there’s no interest rate involved.
A Few Disadvantages Of The U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
- Annual fee: There is an annual fee of $95 (waived for the first year).
- Credit cards with low rewards: Several of the most popular business credit cards offer better reward rates. Some of these reward credit cards do not require an annual fee.
- There are no introductory APR offers: No introductory APR offers are available for balance transfers or purchases with this card.
- Reward expiration: The rewards you earn expire five years after the end of the quarter in which they were earned. This is a considerable amount of time for you to use your rewards, but, unusually, there should be an expiration date at all. There are some credit card rewards programs associated with large card issuers – including American Express, Capital One, and Chase – that do not have expiration dates for their points or miles.
U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card Review: How To Earn And Redeem U.S. Bank Rewards
Categories and Reward Rate
- Direct bookings of hotels and car rentals through the Rewards Center: 5%
- The top two categories where you spend the most each month automatically: 2%
- Other eligible purchases: 1%
One of the main ways to earn rewards with the U.S. Business Leverage Visa Signature is to earn 2% back on the two categories where you spend the most each month. With this earning rate, you don’t have to think about anything because it applies automatically to the two categories where you spend the most each month.
Here is the complete list of eligible spending categories for the two categories where you spend the most each month:
- Advertising firms
- Apparel and accessory stores
- Auto rental and transport providers
- Automotive dealers
- Automotive parts stores
- Automotive repair shops
- Cable, satellite, TV, and radio providers
- Charitable, civic, and religious organizations
- Commercial and home furniture stores
- Commercial equipment, parts, and supply
- Computer service providers
- Computer stores
- Construction material suppliers
- Dental, lab, and medical equipment providers
- Department, book, and novelty stores
- Direct marketers
- Discount stores and wholesale clubs
- Drug stores and pharmacies
- Durable goods providers
- Entertainment places Florist, nursery, and garden stores
- Freight and transport services
- Funeral homes and crematories
- Gas stations and fuel dealers
- Grocery stores and supermarkets
- Healthcare providers
- Home improvement service and supply
- Hotels Industrial suppliers
- Insurance providers
- Membership organizations
- Non-durable goods providers
- Non-medical testing labs
- Personal service providers
- Pet supply stores
- Plumbing and HVAC suppliers
- Postal and courier service providers
- Professional service providers
- Publishers and printers
- Restaurants Schools and government
- Stationery and office supply stores
- Telecom equipment suppliers
- Telecom service providers
- Utility companies
- Wholesale goods providers
Consider using the U.S Bank Business Leverage for all your expenses if you want to earn the most rewards. To maximize your earnings, you typically need to use multiple credit cards with rewards rates in different categories.
With the U.S. Bank Business Leverage, you can earn 2% back on gas and groceries every month. In addition to restaurants and office supplies, you might want to consider a credit card that offers more than 1% back on all other purchases.
Making The Most Of Your Redemptions
Redeemable options for the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Credit Card include:
- Credits on the statement
- Withdrawals from a checking or savings account at a U.S. Bank
- Gift cards
- Goods and services
Rewards earned through the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature are typically worth one cent each. In other words, 10,000 points are worth $100. Because redemption values tend not to vary, there is no way to maximize your redemptions.
It is important to note that redemption options on U.S. Bank Business Leverage are diverse. The expenses you incur in your business may be able to help you earn cashback rewards, bonus points for travel, gift cards, and more, depending on your preferences.
Q&A About The U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
How Much Credit Score Do You Need To Qualify For A U.S. Bank Visa Signature Card?
For the most part, you will need one of the following credit scores to qualify for a U.S. Bank Visa Signature credit card. There are four types of credit scores:
- U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card: An excellent card
- U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card: An excellent card
- U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card: Excellent, very good
- U.S. Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card: Excellent, very good card
Please keep in mind that a certain credit score does not guarantee approval and that it is only a guideline, not a guarantee.
How Hard Is It To Get Approved For A U.S. Bank Credit Card?
The process can be challenging depending on your credit score and the type of credit card you are applying for. Several U.S. Bank credit cards require a good or excellent credit score, which is a minimum of 670 on the FICO scoring model. Certain U.S. Bank credit cards require an excellent credit score of 800 or higher.
How Does A U.S. Bank Visa Signature Card Benefit You?
Depending on the credit card, U.S. Bank Visa Signature Cards offer sign-up bonuses and rewards. Gas, groceries, or other common expenses are often eligible for bonus rewards. Purchase protection and travel accident insurance are also available with Visa Signature credit cards.
Consider These Other Cards
Alternatively, if the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature isn’t a good match for you, compare credit cards and credit card offers. Our recommendations are as follows:
For a $95 annual fee (waived the first year), Capital One Spark Miles for Business provides 5X miles on rental cars and hotels booked through Capital One Travel, and 2X miles on every purchase. There is no comparison between this reward rate and the U.S. Leverage card because you can earn elevated rewards across all earning categories, not just your top two.
There is no annual fee for the Ink Business Cash® Credit Card, and it offers 5% cash back on office supplies, internet, cable, and phone services (up to $25,000 combined annually); 5% cash back on Lyft; 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants (up to $25,000 combined annually); and 1% cash back on other purchases. With the Ink Business Cash card, you could earn more rewards than you would with the U.S. Bank Business Leverage card if your expenditures align with the categories in which you can earn rewards.
U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card
U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card
U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card Review
The Visa Signature credit cards from U.S. Bank offer sign-up bonuses and rewards. Gas, groceries, and other common expenses are often eligible for bonus rewards. Purchase protection and travel accident insurance are also available.
User Review( votes)