In today’s Saatva vs Sleep Number comparison, we’ll break down these highly reputable brands so you can decide which makes the best fit. For more detailed information the Saatva Review could help you make a better decision.
Saatva was one of the first bed-in-a-box brands, while Sleep Number is best known for their highly effective and adjustable air beds.
Saatva vs Sleep Number: Overview
Saatva was one of the original online mattress retailers with no presence in retail stores. While most of the opposition deliver foam mattresses direct to your door, Saatva delivers innerspring mattresses.
Featuring a coil-on-coil system that encourages airflow while providing excellent support, the mattress comes with a 100% organic cover and eco-friendly materials.
There’s an 11.5” and 14.5” model available.
A queen size Saatva measures 60” x 80” and costs $999.
You’ll benefit from a 120-day sleep trial.
Between Saatva vs Sleep Number, Sleep Number is famous for its adjustable air beds. You can tweak the firmness setting and support via remote control.
There are 4 types of Sleep Number mattress, from the entry-level Classic Series to the upscale 360 Smart Beds. Each series contains multiple models.
The dual air chambers make these mattresses ideal for couples who can both sleep on their preferred sleeping surface without compromising.
Prices range from $899 for a Classic queen to $4,999 for a queen-sized Smart Bed.
Sleep Number mattresses offer a 100-night sleep trial with some exclusions.
Differences in Construction
When we compare Saatva vs Sleep Number construction, they are very different but they satisfy the same customers.
Here’s how the Saatva mattress is made:
- Organic cotton with hypoallergenic fibers
- Plant-based thistle
- Foams (30% corn oil and soy with Dacron and polyurethane)
- Recycled steel coils and springs
- Visco memory foam
Saatva’s coil-on-coil system within the mattress is made up as follows:
- Comfort coils: These coils are individually wrapped and contour to your body
- Edge Support System: The edges are encased in foam for extra support which increases durability and stops sagging
- Lumbar Support Enhancement: Memory foam provides pressure relief, and reduces stress and tension in the lower back
- Steel Coil Base Support System: The tempered steel lower coil base is highly supportive
- Organic Cotton Cover, Euro Pillow Top: The Euro Pillow Top offers more cushioning and padding than a regular cover. It’s inserted beneath the outer cover
When it come so Saatva vs Sleep Number construction, Sleep Number categorizes their models as follows:
- Classic Series
- Innovation Series
- Performance Series
- 360 Smart Beds
Each of the series builds off each other.
The Classic Series beds (c-2, c-4, cse) are standard options with few layers between the air chamber and mattress top.
The Innovation Series along with the 360 Smart Beds boast the largest and thickest layers along with the most extras.
These additional features include:
- Extra comfort layers
- Temperature balancing
- 5 to 7 zones of contouring
- SleepIQ Technology
- Automatically adjustable smart beds
You’ll Love Saatva If…
- You want a mattress of average firmness with the feel of a traditional innerspring
- You want to purchase a traditional mattress online
- You’re a hot sleeper
You’ll Love Sleep Number If…
- You want an adjustable mattress
- You have a fluid budget
- You want to try before you buy
Saatva vs Sleep Number: Firmness
Saatva (Luxury Firm)
The Saatva mattress comes in 3 comfort levels:
- Luxury Firm
- Plush Soft
80% of all Saatva customers choose the Luxury Firm model and this is the one we have reviewed. This mattress is durable with impressive edge support. There’s enough pressure relief for side sleepers and adequate back support, too.
The overall feel is like a traditional innerspring, even given the foam layer for extra lumbar support.
The adjustability of Sleep Number beds is perhaps the mains selling point. Fine-tune the firmness and the support using a remote control.
Between Saatva vs Sleep Number, Sleep Number sells truly adjustable air beds, while Saatva mattresses have the feel of a traditional innerspring, very similar to the Serta SleepTrue Mattress.
If you’re not tightly constrained by budget, you can’t go wrong with Sleep Number.
For committed fans of innerspring mattresses, the Saatva is the obvious choice.
Saatva vs Sleep Number
Saatva vs Sleep Number Reviews
Sleep Number sells truly adjustable air beds, while Saatva mattresses have the feel of a traditional innerspring. If you’re not tightly constrained by budget, you can’t go wrong with Sleep Number. For committed fans of innerspring mattresses, the Saatva is the obvious choice.
User Review( votes)