Ad Disclosure: We receive referral fees from advertisers.
Today, we’ll be highlighting one of the finest innerspring mattresses on the market from Saatva.
Saatva has been selling mattresses directly to consumers for over 10 years now. Saatva produces the Saatva Classic, the Saatva HD, the Saatva Latex Hybrid, the Saatva Solaire, Loom and Leaf, Zenhaven, etc.
The company has a deep bench of mattresses from memory foam and innerspring to latex and hybrid models. For the purposes of today, we’ll be doubling down on the Saatva Classic. This coil-on-coil innerspring comes with a padded Euro-top cover and boasts supplementary comfort layers.
Check at a glance whether this innerspring makes the right fit for you:
Who Should Buy The Saatva
- Hot sleepers looking for a super-cool sleeping environment. The airflow through both coil layers is exceptional
- Bargain hunters looking to capitalize on the remarkable price/performance ratio and White Glove delivery. You’ll get your old mattress removed and your new mattress installed free of charge, ideal for bargain-hunters
- Whatever your sleep position and however much you weigh, the mattress comes in several thicknesses and firmness settings to suit
Who Should Avoid The Saatva
- Anyone who doesn’t enjoy sleeping on a super-responsive mattress
- Saatva’s engineers took the top five features found in luxury retail mattresses and combined them to make one mattress.l Although this mattress fairly closely conforms to the body compared to many innerspring, you won’t get that trademark memory foam feel here.
Assuming you’re not in either of those second categories, read on to see how this mattress shapes up…
- Comfort Layers
- Transitional Layers
- Support Layers
The Saatva cover comes in 100% cotton. Soft and breathable, the Euro-top cover has varying degrees of polyfoam depending on the variant. The Plush Soft and Luxury Firm both have 1.25” of this soft polyfoam while the Firm model benefits from 1.5” of this padding.
All variants of the Saatva Classic have 0.75” of Dacron layered under this polyfoam.
For anyone looking for a little extra padding under the hips or shoulders when sleeping on the side, the Saatva delivers. You’ll feel cushioned and supported even if you don’t get the same contouring effects as a memory foam mattress serves up.
The soft, luxe feel means you won’t want to get out of bed in the morning. A little more about that comfort…
All versions of this mattress come with the same comfort later in polyfoam along with an underlying memory foam layer. The combined thickness of these layers is 1”.
If you’re looking to replicate the effects of a memory foam mattress, opt for the Plush Soft. You’ll find this conforms to your body quite closely.
Underneath those padded comfort layers, you find 4” stainless steel pocketed coils. Rated at 14.5-gauge, this represents mid-thickness. You’ll get a responsive mattress without the stiffness or springiness found in some lower-gauge coils.
The supportive core of this mattress features Bonnell coils made from recycled steel. Do your bit for the environment while treating yourself to a sound slumber.
This layer is designed to add stability to the sleeping surface. It also serves to protect the edges of the mattress against excessive sinkage.
The difference here is that the 11.5” mattress comes with 4” coils while the larger 14.5” model has correspondingly oversized 7” coils.
Firmness and Feel
You get the choice of 3 distinct versions of the Saatva, each with their own firmness and feel.
- Firm: With this firm mattress, you don’t get the same softness in the comfort layer leading to a more rigid sleeping environment
- Luxury Firm: Medium-firm, the soft Euro-top cover adds to the comfort factor on this iteration. You won’t find this variant conforms to the body too much, either
- Plush Soft: This is a medium-soft mattress that closely conforms to your body. The name does it justice and you should sink in for a seamless, dream-filled sleep. This is our personal favorite of the mattress types
A few words before rounding out about the different heights available with the Saatva Classic:
- 11.5” Saatva Classic
- 14.5” Saatva Classic
11.5” Saatva Classic
This version is a medium-profile mattress. Even though the coils are thinner, you’ll still get reasonable support when you’re sleeping.
14.5” Saatva Classic
The high-profile alternative is incredibly supportive. This version is best for heavier consumers.
The Saatva Classic is a top-tier innerspring mattress with a shower of benefits and few drawbacks. The variety of sizes and firmness ratings ensures most people are likely to find a variant to suit.
With the exception of couples who easily wake each other during the night, most sleepers should easily find a suitable Saatva mattress. If you’re looking for great value but you’re not prepared to sacrifice the quality of your sleep, we can’t recommend the Saatva highly enough.
The Saatva Classic is a top-tier innerspring mattress with a shower of benefits and few drawbacks. The variety of sizes and firmness ratings ensures most people are likely to find a variant to suit. With the exception of couples who easily wake each other during the night, most sleepers should easily find a suitable Saatva mattress. If you’re looking for great value but you’re not prepared to sacrifice the quality of your sleep, we can’t recommend the Saatva highly enough.