The Zenhaven is a flappable mattress manufactured by the company responsible for the iconic Saatva.
This eco-friendly mattress allows you to manipulate firmness levels by simply rotating the mattress.
The company was an early champion of direct-to-consumer bedding. Over the last 10 years, countless consumers just like you have enjoyed bedding delivered at low cost. With White Glove delivery, the old mattress is renewed and the replacement is installed.
Before we highlight how the Zenhaven mattress is made and what it feels like to sleep on, we’ll summarize who this mattress is designed for and who should give it a swerve.
Who Should Buy The Zenhaven
- Hot sleepers hankering after the contouring, supportive feeling of an all-foam mattress without overheating will appreciate the Talalay latex used on the Zenhaven. This provides a breathable alternative to foam tailor-made for anyone who runs hot overnight
- All back sleepers will benefit from the conforming pressure relief and support of this mattress regardless of weight
- If you’re concerned about your eco-footprint, the 100% natural and green materials of this mattress let you buy with a clear conscience
Who Should Avoid The Zenhaven
- Bulkier users weighing north of 230 pounds are liable to experience excessive sinkage with this mattress
- Anyone looking for strong and supportive edges will come up short. If you try sitting or sleeping near the edge of this mattress, you’ll feel like you’re about to roll off the bed
How does the Zenhaven shape up in terms of construction, then?
- Comfort Layers
- Support Layers
The silky organic cotton cover is padded with organic New Zealand wool. This makes the mattress soft and breathable. The fabric is treated with an antimicrobial coating.
The layer of wool is 1” thick and comes blended with non-toxic materials that serve as a fire retardant. This means there are no harsh chemicals typically used for this purpose.
The combination of treatments and materials results in a hypoallergenic, dust-resistant, and mold-resistant mattress.
As a flappable mattress, the Zenhaven packs a 1.5” section of aerated Talalay latex on either side. The Luxury Plush uses a soft latex while the Gentle Form incorporates a medium-soft latex instead.
This comfort layer is cleaved into 5 distinct zones. Pinhole patterns impact the latex’s density.
Thanks to this comfort layer, you’ll get ample support under your hips and shoulders. You shouldn’t experience any sinkage either unless you weigh in at 230 pounds or more.
Each side of this flappable mattress shares a support core. This 6” layer of Talalay latex makes a stable foundation for the softer layers.
With the Luxury Plush, there’s 3” of medium-firm latex with the Gentle Firm, as you’d expect, using a firmer class of latex.
You should now be able to establish which of the Zenhaven variants would be most suitable.
How does it feel, though?
Firmness and Feel
This mattress comes rated with 2 firmness levels depending on which side you use.
- Luxury Plush: Use this side of the mattress for snugger conforming
- Gentle Firm: Any sleepers looking for more support should use the Gentle Firm side of the mattress. Heavy users and anyone who sleeps on their stomach will benefit most from using the Gentle Firm side
Unlike with a regular mattress, you won’t be forced to choose or to compromise here. Simply rotate the mattress for a different feel.
The Talalay latex means you won’t sink down like you descend into memory foam. Instead, the weightless feeling makes it easy for you to move around in bed.
Standing 10” tall, the Zenhaven is an average height for a mattress. Compared to most all-latex mattresses, though, it stands slightly taller.
Make sure you are comfortable flipping the mattress. If it feels unwieldy, make sure you get assistance rather than straining your back.
As you would fully expect from the creators of the Saatva mattress, the Zenhaven acquits itself well on all counts. Build quality is solid and the choice of firmness levels makes this one of the most versatile mattresses you can find.
This mattress has only been on the market since 2016, so there are no long-term tests into the lifespan. With no synthetic foam and high-grade latex, we would expect this mattress to last more than 5 years. If this seems like reasonable value considering the price, we can’t recommend the Zenhaven strongly enough. Only larger users or sleepers who spend lots of time at the edge of the bed should avoid this mattress. For pretty much everyone else, it’s a home run.
Zenhaven Mattress Review: Saatva Delivers a top-rated 100% All-Natural, Hypoallergenic and Antimicrobial Bed. This mattress was built for the environmentally conscience consumer. This mattress has only been on the market since 2016, so there are no long-term tests into the lifespan. With no synthetic foam and high-grade latex, we would expect this mattress to last more than 5 years. If this seems like reasonable value considering the price, we can’t recommend the Zenhaven strongly enough.
User Review( votes)