Ad Disclosure: We receive referral fees from advertisers. Learn More.
Faithful Counseling is the online therapy platform tailored to members of Christian faith, perfectly combining licensed skilled help of traditional therapy with the spiritual essence of Christian faith and teachings of the Bible, incorporating core Christian beliefs into strategies for improving emotional and psychological well-being.
Who is Faithful Counseling Ideal For?
Modern-day Christians who seek counseling that incorporates core Christian beliefs into therapy to help them get through psychological, emotional and/or social struggles. Faithful Counseling can address any challenges you may be facing, in every aspect of your life, including, but not limited to:
- Family issues
- Workplace stresses
- Social anxieties
- Feelings of Guilt
- Divorce and separation
- Anger Management
- Chronic stress
- Eating disorders
- Conflict Resolution
- Sleep Disorders
- Couples Counselling
- Trauma counseling
- Applying Biblical principles to day-to-day life and business
Faithful Counseling Pros & Cons
- Anonymity – you can use a nickname when you sign up
- Therapists share your faith and values
- Ability to choose the degree to which you want religion to be incorporated into your therapy
- Judgment-free environment
- You can message your therapist anytime you like
- Option to make the message “URGENT”
- Matching up with the therapist is done automatically without an ability to speak with someone
- Therapists can initially be slow to respond
Some Fast Facts About Faithful Counseling
- 100,000 users per month
- All the therapists affirmed beliefs in the statement of faith
- People of other faiths are welcome to use the service as well
- You can stay anonymous
- Users can choose how much to incorporate Christianity and the Bible into their therapy
- Unlimited access to your therapist via chat with options to schedule live phone and video sessions
- Weekly live sessions including video calls and phone calls
- Free educational seminars are offered to all users on a variety of topics
Faithful Counseling Services
Here are some examples of therapies available:
- Mental health counseling from a Christian perspective
- Spiritual counseling on primarily faith-based matters
- Holistic counseling addressing both psychological and spiritual components
If these don’t quite fit the requirements, there is always an option to select “other” and explain further your own personal needs.
All members are automatically given access to unlimited texts 24/7, and the option to schedule phone calls or live video sessions with counselors. According to the average Faithful Counseling Review, the platform is incredibly intuitive. The app is available to download for iOS, Android and desktops, and functions much like WhatsApp or other similar messaging services.
It is however completely secure and only you and your counselor will have access to these messages. The messages are saved in the chat automatically, but if you want to erase them there is a “shred” button. There is also an easy drop-down list at the bottom to book dates for live chat sessions, either by phone or video call. Call and video sessions must be scheduled ahead of time. The system dials your number without sharing it with your therapist, so your privacy is protected on that end as well.
What’s unique about Faithful Counseling?
All the therapists are from Christian backgrounds and have sworn on the statement of faith published on the website. This is the most popular and fastest-growing Christian based online therapy service, with over 3000 highly qualified licensed counselors available for unlimited messaging and added benefit of the weekly phone and video calls, all at a fraction of the cost of traditional therapy.
Pricing and Fees
Faithful Counseling offers unlimited access to therapy for $40-$70 a week, billed monthly. The price depends on the length of commitment. You can cancel your future subscription payments at any time for any reason. With unlimited messaging and weekly audio and video session options, this is a true bargain.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Faithful Counseling is praised for its security and confidentiality.
During the sing-up process, you can choose to remain anonymous and use a nickname instead of your real name. Only the site administration will have access to personal details, and emergency contact, not the assigned counselor.
The app also requires a pin code, so even if someone has access to your phone, they will not be able to access your chat with your therapist.
You can choose to “shred” some messages, and they will be deleted from the system
Phone sessions are initiated by the system, so the therapist does not get your number
Besides being HIPAA compliant, the system is protected by state-of-the-art security with bank-grade 256-bit encryption, backed by servers in an A grade facility. The browsing encryption system follows best practices and databases are automatically encrypted or scrambled if stolen.
At Faithful Counseling, all counselors are licensed, trained, experienced, and accredited psychologists (PhD / PsyD), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), clinical social workers (LCSW / LMSW), or licensed professional counselors (LPC). All of them have a Masters Degree or a Doctorate Degree in their field and have been qualified and certified by their state’s professional board after successfully completing the necessary education, exams, training and practice. All therapists have a minimum of 3 years and 2000 hours of hands-on experience, and full commitment to the Christian faith.
Specialties and Area of Expertise
Besides each counselor of Faithful Counseling identifying as a Christian and incorporating Biblical principles and wisdom into therapy, each therapist has a different area of expertise and an extensive toolkit for assisting you with the particular challenge or set of challenges you’ve identified as your goals during the sign-up process or along the way. Thus, counselors are trained in a variety of additional techniques, from cognitive behavioral therapy to psychodynamic approaches, and are able to create custom-tailored tools and approaches to deal with your specific area of concern.
Does Faithful Counseling Have Credibility?
Faithful Counseling is a part of a larger online therapy platform, Betterhelp, and enjoys a stellar reputation, with an “excellent” score on Trustpilot, with over 1200 reviews and an award of 4.5 stars (as of this writing), and glowing reviews by devout Christians who found solace in dealing with both major and minor life difficulties with the help and guidance of fellow Christian therapists.
The sign-up process is also worth mentioning in any Faithful Counseling Review as it is designed to provide the best possible service. All new members are asked about 20 questions, which only takes 5 minutes, in order to establish their own unique needs and personal preferences. Some questions are fairly standard such as “Have you been dealing with anxiety recently?”, whereas others are more faith-based. This helps to paint a detailed picture of each patient’s individual needs, and therefore select a counselor with similar beliefs and relevant experience.
The Faithful Counseling Statement of Faith
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
Paul’s message for the Corinthian church calls us to a very high standard. When we observe the many denominations and theological rifts within the Christian church today, it can seem a daunting task to be “perfectly united in mind and thought.” Despite this, we believe that these differences in thought that exist in the church needn’t outweigh the greater truths that bind us together, and it is important that all members of Faithful Counseling–counselors and members alike–make an effort to strive toward being united in Christ under what matters most.
We believe this will lead to the most successful counseling sessions, and any further details around theological leanings needn’t be pressed. In order to reach common ground on what we believe are the most fundamental truths, all counseling members of our platform have agreed to the following core tenets of faith:
- We believe that the Bible is the word of God, a collection of divinely-inspired writings that have been preserved for each generation, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and the only authoritative and infallible rule of Christian faith and practice. (“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV)
- We believe in the Triune nature of God (Trinitarianism), that He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in one. (“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 ESV)
- We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ’s (agape) love, which is greater than differences one may possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians. (“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 ESV)
- We believe salvation is by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ who died for our sins and rose again, providing eternal redemption to those who believe. It is not by our works or works of the law. (“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV)
Faithful Counseling Review
Faithful Counseling is an affordable, accessible and effective way to reach out for help when it is most needed, and get access to qualified therapy using modern-day tools, as well as timeless wisdom of the Bible in a safe judgment-free environment. We highly recommend this service.
User Review( votes)