Best Relationship Counseling Providers
Largest Online Counseling Program Worldwide
Online Couples and Marriage Counseling
Christian-Based Online Counseling
Counseling for Teens and Young Adults
Counseling for LGBTQ Community
Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Toolbox
Online Tools For Dealing With Anxiety & Panic Attacks
Online Therapy vs Traditional Therapy
In our demanding fast paced world, more and more people find themselves feeling overwhelmed, stressed out and anxious. It has become a new norm to juggle a highly competitive and demanding career, mounting responsibilities, and desperately trying to find that work-life balance. No matter who you are, emotions can get the better of you – none of us is immune to anxiety, worry, troublesome thoughts or just feeling overwhelmed.
While traditional therapy has been proven to be effective, many people find it to be prohibitively expensive and simply cannot afford to get the effective help when they need it most. After all, it is times of financial struggle that put even more pressure on us and our relationships, so adding a high cost therapy expense hardly makes things easier, though access to therapy may be crucial.
Online therapy bridges that gap perfectly, by giving you access to licensed therapists at your fingertips at fraction of the cost of traditional therapy. Some of the advantages of online therapy are remote access to a licensed counselor (no need to take the time of the day and drive anywhere to see your therapist); reduced cost of therapy sessions; availability of multiple modes of communication with the therapist – via chat, phone, video, online tools designed for self-help; subscription models that fit various budgets and needs.
Is online therapy right for you?
Online therapy is a time and cost-efficient way to deal with stress, anxiety, marital problems, relationship struggles, panic attacks by providing access to various coping tools and professional on demand online counseling with licensed therapists.
Online therapy is perfect if you have one of the following goals:
- Take charge of your emotional well-being,
- Work through relationship issues and challenges
- Get marriage counseling online
- Get online counseling as a way of managing stress
- Establish a support system during trying times with the help of online therapy
- Deal with ongoing chronic stress
- Manage anxiety
- Identify, challenge and overcome limiting beliefs and dysfunctional thought patterns
- Create an effective coping mechanism for emotionally triggering events
It is important to note that online therapy is not a suitable option for dealing with a mental health emergency or those in need of urgent medical care.
How Does Online Therapy Work?
Online mental health resources range from subscription-based counseling services with licensed therapists through online chat, messaging, phone and video sessions, to online toolboxes providing effective tools and mechanisms for self-help with or without counselor guidance.
Most popular online therapy services follow these basic steps:
- Quick online signup
- Filling out an onboarding questionnaire that asks you questions to help identify what issues you would like the therapy to focus on
- Matching you up with a licensed therapist who may specialize in the area you’d like to address
- Allowing you to choose a subscription model that will work best for you.
- Once you signed up and got matched up with the licensed therapist that is best equipped to help you with the challenges most relevant to you, there are several modes of communication that may be available to you (depending on the online therapy service)